Getting started complications

Options

I downloaded the 30 day trial of 1Password and that's about as far as I got. I don't have or need Dropbox. I'm using only one device, my computer. Why is simply setting this up so complicated? Help!

Comments

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

I felt the same way, but do have an iPad4 as well as my Windows 7 PC, so if anything, more complicated. The first couple of days, I was feeling like I shouldn't have bothered, but gradually progressed and now I believe it must be one of the best security softwares available.

I wanted something that was far more secure than the way I was previously protecting my cards, investments and private information, as my wife and I are getting on and after 50 odd years together, I felt it was time to sort things out for the children.

It was just 2 weeks ago that I bought my software for PC and for iPad, but after asking lots of questions (see COFUSED in this Windows section) and geting 57 answers from customers and the team at 1Password, I am really starting to understand where I am. I also had a great call from Steve Joiner, who explained a lot.

Do persevere with it, the guide could be better, particularly for someone like me who is a bit of an idiuot on the PC, with an understanding of software a bit like a 5 year old. IT will do the job for you. Ask lots of actual questions. Good luck.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iBarbara‌, let us know what we can do to help!

For starters, have you run the downloaded installer? If so, did you get any error messages, or did it seem to complete successfully?

If there were no error messages, what did you see on your computer when the installer finished?

With a bit more information, we'll figure out what's going on and get things working for you.

This discussion has been closed.