Chrome turned off my 1password extension and won't let me re-enable it

Options

The message says that the 1 Password extension is either not found in the Chrome Store or was installed without my permission, so now it's permanently disabled. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @jamieson,

Chrome has stopped allowing locally installed extensions and so, all extensions must be in the Chrome Web Store. Please follow the instructions here to fix the issue by switching over to the Chrome Web Store version of 1Password.

• UDaMan
    UDaMan
    Community Member
    Options

Since my worksite does not allow access to Chrome extension website is there anyway to install this without going there?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Since my worksite does not allow access to Chrome extension website is there anyway to install this without going there?

1. Open 1Password
    2. Unlock
    3. Click on: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P)
    4. Click on the tab labelled "Browsers"
    5. Click on the button labelled "Install" for Google Chrome
  • UDaMan
    UDaMan
    Community Member
    Options

It says it is installed, but it is not. It was installed, but disabled by chrome as "this extension is not on chrome website". Deleted from chrome, but 1Password still claims it is installed. What now?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

What now?

Click on the button labelled "Installed" for Google Chrome.

• UDaMan
    UDaMan
    Community Member
    Options

Did not work. What did work was uninstalling removing all traces of google chrome and reinstalling. Then 1Password loaded the extension. By the way, even then before it loaded, Chrome required me to sign into my Google account, or it would not load.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @UDaMan‌,

That's unusual, we definitely do not require Google accounts to install our extension and I tested this without being signed in, it did work from our extension page without any issues.

We'll keep an eye on this to see what's going on.

This discussion has been closed.