1Password 4 Initial Release

Options
Rabbit32
Rabbit32
Community Member
edited June 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm a Windows 7 PC owner who also has an iPhone and iPad (both on iOS 7.1). I've been considering switching from mSecure to 1Password, so I visited the site to download the Windows trial version tonight. Much to my surprise, I learned that you had released the new V4 just yesterday (Tue the 17th)!! How convenient.

So I installed it, read through about 1/4 of your new user guide, and dove in with a few quick entries. While I haven't pulled the $18 trigger to buy the iOS version yet (and give Dropbox syncing a try), I must say that I'm REALLY impressed with the Windows app!!! The UI and UX are both very slick, and everything I've tried so far seems to work flawlessly. The overall layout is much better looking than the mSecure Windows app, and 1Password even remembers which folder I was in the last time my vault was open. Also, I especially like seeing the lock turn and hearing the sound effects when locking and unlocking my vault (yeah, it's just eye and ear candy, but it's the cats pajamas!)

All that's left is to get over the sticker shock of moving from the other product's $20 cost (for the iOS universal app & discounted Windows app I bought a couple years back) to 1Password's $68 cost. Maybe a V4 "Release Sale" would catch people's attention??

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

A sale's not a bad idea, and we've done it in the past. I guess The Powers That Be just figured that our rather incredible free upgrade to folks who licensed 1Password for Windows in 2013 or 2014 was sufficient. It's certainly the most liberal upgrade I've seen in 25 years' association with software.

I realize it doesn't help the new user, but we hope you'll find a way to join the family.

Thanks so much for your kind comments, @Rabbit32‌! I hope you won't mind my sharing it with the rest of the team.

• Rabbit32
    Rabbit32
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, I would be disappointed if you didn't share my comments with the team – especially the ones who designed, coded, and tested the new Windows UI!! Thanks, Scott

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Oh, I did, and we're all really glad you're happy with the software on which we've all been working so hard for so long. Thanks again for taking time to share your impressions with us!

This discussion has been closed.