Firefox Extension Not Working

Options

I am using the release channel of Firefox on Win 8.1 and have tried both the non-beta and beta extensions for 1PW. When I click on the 1PW icon nothing happens. I have tried creating a new profile, but it still does not work. This happened in Chrome recently but has since started working again. I also tried turning off my antivirus to see if it was a problem. Still the problem persists. Clicking on the icon produces no window or anything. Any advice?

Comments

• Kosta88
    Kosta88
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. I actually emailed the support too, but have not heard back from them. I also tried both beta and normal.
    I can get a window pop up by using CTRL+# or whatever your shortcut is, but it doesn't recognize the site. I tried more than one, and most of them I actually know they work from the version 3.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@apothacarion‌, what are the full version numbers of Firefox, 1Password, and the 1Password extension for Firefox that you're using?

• Kosta88
    Kosta88
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Firefox version 30.0.
    1Password 1Password-4.0.0.492 and 1Password-4.0.0.BETA-494, tried both.
    Firefox Extension 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 beta, tried both.

I have as of now reverted to my backed up W7 system, so don't have v4 installed any more, but rather the v1 that was in my backup. Without 1P I am virtually lost on my computer.
    This just goes to show how one can be dependant on one piece of software, if it starts to malfunction badly.

And the worst thing is, I cannot find a download for the v1 any more, so if I didn't have any backup image like this, I wouldn't be able to log into many things, at least not from my main computer. There are workarounds like copy-paste manually (the main app is working), but well, didn't get me 1P to have that :)

EDIT: Ehm, found the v1 in another post.

• apothacarion
    apothacarion
    Community Member
    Options

I actually just figured it out. Apparently I was using an old program I don't use much anymore... admuncher. I quit that and it works flawlessly now. Let's hope that was the issue! All is well now. Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that info, @apothacarion‌!

@Kosta88‌, might you have had any antivirus, antimalware, or similar software running, either as a program or as a browser extension?
    Also, can you explain what you mean by "found the v1 in another post"? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.