Apple and iCloud Logins Seperate? [Multiple URLs doesn't work yet in extensions, will fix soon]

Options
MightyIrish
MightyIrish
Community Member
edited June 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Why can I not have iCloud.com and Apple.com share the same login? 1Password keeps forcing me to create seperate logins for them even though they share the same password. I've added both URLs to the Apple.com 1Password entry and deleted the duplicate 1Password entry for iCloud. However, when I go back to iCloud 1Password doesn't think there's a password for it and when I input the Apple.com password it offers to save it as a new entry again. I feel like I'm not getting my moneys worth for this upgrade's seemingly most beneficial feature. Please help!

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @MightyIrish‌,

Sorry about this, we have a known bug where Logins don't show up on other sites listed in its list of URLs. We have fixed this in the code already and it should be available in the next update.

• MightyIrish
    MightyIrish
    Community Member
    Options

This appears to be fixed now for iCloud and Apple. However, I've noticed the same issue still exists across the go.com domain (ESPN.go.com. Disney.go.com, etc). Is this still being worked on or is the fix now in place?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @MightyIrish‌,

The fix is in the latest update now. I'm not sure what the issue is with the go domain, if the Login item has go.com in its URL field, it should work on any go subdomains. You don't even have to add the subdomains either, you only add separate domains for the multiple URLs feature to work on other sites.

What are you seeing right now and which browser are you using?

• MightyIrish
    MightyIrish
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using Firefox 30.0. ESPN.go.com and DisneyWorld.go.com both use the same userids and passwords and are both on go.com domain, but when I input the passwords 1Password doesn't offer the other sites credentials as an option in browser extension. It only offers to save them as a new set of credentials. I've tried creating a new entry in 1Password for go.com but the browser extension doesn't recognize it when I go to either site.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @MightyIrish‌,

Interesting. Since we use the same browser extensions on both Macs and Windows, it did work just fine on Mac but the espn.go.com item didn't show up on Disney.go.com on Windows. I'll a bug report to see what's going on here.

Thanks for reporting that one.

• MightyIrish
    MightyIrish
    Community Member
    Options

This is fixed now. Thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @MightyIrish‌,

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

On behalf of the team here, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.