1Password 1.x doesn't show updates for 1Password 4 [Normal, it is a separate major version]

Options
hdsoawhdhagf
hdsoawhdhagf
Community Member
edited June 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am running 1Password 1.0.9.341 (purchased about 2 months ago) on a Windows 7 Machine, and a Windows Vista. When I check for updates on the Windows 7 machine for an update to 1Password 4 (just announced), I am advised that the current version is up to date. But the latest version is 4.0.0.492. I think that Version 4 only runs on Windows 7, so have not checked on the Vista machine

Any ideas why my update check does not recognise the latest version? I am based in Australia.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @hdsoawhdhagf,

1Password 4 is a separate major version and it's an upgrade to 1Password 1.x, not a simple update.

1Password 1.x will not show you any updates outside of the 1.x version. This is intentional as not everybody want to upgrade to 1Password 4 right away. Plus, 1Password 4 is a paid upgrade if you bought 1Password 1.x from before 2013.

If you bought 1Password 1.x for Windows in the year 2013 or 2014, you're eligible to get 1Password 4 for free. Just download 1Password 4 from here and install it, it can live aside 1Password 1.x or you can remove 1Password 1.x before installing 1Password 4.

• hdsoawhdhagf
    hdsoawhdhagf
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply. On another aspect, is it likely that you will update 1Password4 to work on Vista?

• hdsoawhdhagf
    hdsoawhdhagf
    Community Member
    Options

A follow up. Assuming that Vista will not run 1Password 4 satisfactorily for the foreseeable future, is it OK to run 1Password4 on a Windows 7 machine, and 1Password 1.x on a Vista machine - will they still sync with no hassles and relate to each other properly?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

is it likely that you will update 1Password4 to work on Vista?

Officially we do not support Vista but it should "just work".

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @hdsoawhdhagf‌,

We don't test Vista but we have seen Vista and XP customers using 1Password 4 for Windows with nearly no side effects. There are some tiny UI glitches on XP but it should not be as bad on Vista.

is it OK to run 1Password4 on a Windows 7 machine, and 1Password 1.x on a Vista machine - will they still sync with no hassles and relate to each other properly?

Yes, we read/write the same compatible agilekeychain data format between 1Password 1.x and 1Password 4.x. However, 1Password 1.x will not read the newer opvault format, that will be exclusive to 1Password 4 apps and future versions.

This discussion has been closed.