Display Login Items Alphabetically

Options

I am new to 1Password for Windows. In both my main "All Logins" window and in my individual Folder windows the logins do not display in alphabetical order. How can I get them to display alphabetically?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please click on the Title column header

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Here's the relevant text from the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide:

• In the list area, click on a column heading to sort the listed items by the values in that column. Click again to reverse the sort order.
  • fourwheelcycle
    fourwheelcycle
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks svondutch and DBrown.

I'm used to 1P4 for Mac. 1P4 for Windows is different and it's taking me a while to catch on.

One other note - I sync 1P4 for Mac on my three Macs via wifi to a sync folder in my Apple Time Capsule. When I added 1P4 for Windows to my two Windows 7 computers I synced them to the same Time Capsule folder. It's working, but some of my login items did not work at first from the Windows 7 computers and had to be re-created. Maybe the problems emerged coincidentally at the same time I installed 1P4 for Windows, or maybe there is something tricky about the interaction of 1P4 for Mac and Windows that I don't fully understand.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Can you explain what you mean by "synced [your Windows 7 computers] to the same Time Capsule folder"?

1Password for Windows doesn't include a folder sync option.

Do you mean that both Windows computers are sharing a single vault location? (In other words, does the 1Password Vault field on the General tab of 1Password preferences show the same location on the Time Capsule?)

I ask because we do not recommend storing your 1Password data on a shared drive. Performance can be affected. Multiple installations of 1Password using the same physical storage location also puts your 1Password data at risk of corruption.

• fourwheelcycle
    fourwheelcycle
    Community Member
    Options

Gee, I meant just what I said. I did not realize 1P4 for Windows does not have folder sync. When I set up 1P4 on my two Windows 7 computers I pointed each of them to the same folder on my Apple Time Capsule drive that my three Macs are pointed to. There is only one file in the folder - 1Password.agilekeychain. It sounds like I am doing something you do not recommend. However, although I have had to adjust or recreate two or three of my login items 1P4 seems to be working fine on all five computers.

If 1P4 for Windows does not support folder sync, how do you recommend keeping 1P4 in sync across a mixed household of Macs and Windows computers? I don't want to use Dropbox because my whole goal in moving from LastPass to 1P4 has been to keep my passwords off the internet. I want to use a syncing solution that works over my home wifi network. At first I only purchased 1P4 for Mac, with the thought of using 1PasswordAnywhere on a USB stick for the Windows computers, but I purchased 1P4 for Windows when I realized 1Password Anywhere only functions as a non-automated password lookup file.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fourwheelcycle‌ your config should "just work".

This discussion has been closed.