Firebug would not allow 1P ext 3.9.20 to work in Firefox

This discussion was created from comments split from: Lost auto-fill on FireFox 30.0.

Comments

• CBunk
    CBunk
    Community Member

Hi,

same problem here :-(
    Firefox Version 30.0, Windows 7 OS, Addon 3.9.20

I have already reinstalled the firefox plugin (reboot etc.) but the autofill function is not working.

Kind regards,
    Christian

• CBunk
    CBunk
    Community Member

Hi,

i have deactivated the addon "firebug", then everythings works.

Kind regards,
    Christian

• MikeT
    edited June 2014

Hi @Cbunk,

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you got it fixed. That's a bit weird that Firebug was the cause, it shouldn't be. There was an issue in Firefox 29 where 1Password would add noise to Firebug but that was resolved by Mozilla in Firefox 30.

Can you try re-activating it and see if it is still causing an issue? I've seen several cases where deactivating an interfering extension and re-activating it would allow 1Password to keep working alongside that extension.

• CaesarCovi
    CaesarCovi
    Community Member

I can confirm that re-activating Firebug works without re-introducing the auto-fill loss problem

• MikeT
    edited June 2014

Hi @CaesarCovi,

Thanks, that's what I'd figure may happen. We're not entirely sure what the heck is going on there but extensions aren't supposed to interfere with each other. They're supposed to be sandboxed from each other, which would prevent issues like this but it seems it is not always the case.

Hopefully, it's just an isolated glitch that just needs a quick restart of Firebug in Firefox.

This discussion has been closed.