Google Chrome extension disabled in v35 because 1Password not in Web Store

My Chrome installation recently updated itself (to Version 35.0.1916.153 m), and when I launched it gave me a message that the 1Password extension was disabled because it's not in the Chrome Web Store. It is not allowing me to enable the extension manually. I'm using the Chrome extension version 3.9.21.90.

The message on the Chrome Extensions page is "This extension is not listed in the Chrome Web Store and may have been added without your knowledge." Clicking the 'Learn More' link yields the following:

"If you need to use a disabled extension, you can do one of the following:

• Contact the extension’s developer and ask them to add their product to the Chrome Web Store. This will allow you, and other users, to manually re-enable the extension.

• Use a pre-release version of Chrome:

• Windows Chrome Dev Channel: Once installed, the Dev version of Chrome will replace your current Stable or Beta version. The Dev channel is meant for web developers.
    • Chrome Canary: This can be used side by side with Chrome Stable or Beta. It is the most cutting-edge, but least stable, of Chrome’s release channels.
  • Sign in to Chrome on a non-Windows computer (Mac, Linux, Chromebook"

None of these is a very good option for me, for various reasons. Are there plans to put 1Password on the Web Store? If not, what do you recommend?

Thanks.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry you are having this problem.

First of all, you need to un-install the extension from Chrome:

1. Open Google Chrome
    2. Click on the hamburger button, located in the top-right corner in the browser toolbar
    3. Click on: Tools > Extensions
    4. Click on the trash can icon by 1Password.
    5. A confirmation dialog appears. Click on "Remove".

Now you can re-install our extension here:

1. Open 1Password
    2. Unlock
    3. Click on: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P)
    4. Click on the tab labelled "Browsers"
    5. Click on the button labelled "Install" for Google Chrome

Thanks!

• dkulik
    dkulik
    Community Member

Thanks! That worked. Guess I should have tried this myself before posting, but I did search for any info on the problem and didn't find any, so I thought it was brand new.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

The Browsers tab of 1Password preferences is always the right place to get the version of the extension that's compatible with your version of 1Password. It's the only recommended means of installing the extensions.

This discussion has been closed.