Syncing iOS, Mac and PC?

I currently use Dropbox to keep my iPad, iPhone, Mac and Windows PC sync'd. However I recently invested in a little Home Server which, at present, is the central file store and iTunes library. It runs Windows Server 2012 R2 and is currently hooked into Microsoft's Anywhere Access. It would be really, really great to be able to use this as my 1Password repository too; syncing all of my 1Password data away from the prying eyes of _Cloud _Sysadmins.

Is this possible with the Windows version of 1Password? If not, is it on the Roadmap?

Comments

• mcmullen
    mcmullen
    Community Member

Apologies, I forgot to mention WiFi sync which is available with the Mac version and I believe does what I would like.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014

@mcmullen Assuming you have a network share on your Windows Server, then yes you can store your 1Password vault there and have 1Password connect to it. On Windows, this config is easy and all you need to do is open the 1Password directory from your network share. On Mac, you need to connect to your network as a Samba drive, and then set up things thing called "folder sync" in the Preferences.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014

A couple of notes to add to this thread:

• Wi-fi sync is available in 1Password 4 for Windows, too. See Syncing your 1Password data in the user's guide for details.

• No matter where it's stored, your 1Password data is as safe from prying eyes as you choose to make it. I use a truly unguessable master password, and I'd be comfortable storing my own 1Password data on a USB stick that I left in a public library and labeled "My Private Data", because no one would be able to get into it. :)

This discussion has been closed.