1Password Agent crippling barcode scanner on Windows

R031E5
R031E5
Community Member
edited July 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, I'm testing 1password 4 for windows, and I'm finding that whenever the 1password agent is on, my barcode scanner that's recognized by Windows as a keyboard, doesn't work properly.

I don't know how to debug this, only that when I kill the Agile1pAgent.exe process, it starts working again. It may have something to do with the universal key capture that's used by the login keyboard shortcut. Is there any way to disable it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @R031E5‌,

No, there isn't a way to disable it. I'll ask and see if we can provide a debug option to test this. I'm not sure why the scanner would be crippled by us listening for the keyboard shortcut.

Can you give us more details as what happens when you try to use the scanner. Also, have you try installing the latest drivers for the scanner, it might resolve issues like this.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014

Is there any way to disable it?

@R031E5‌ Starting with version 4.0.1.BETA-502 you can disable the low-level keyboard hook. Here's how:

1. Update to version 4.0.1.BETA-502
    2. Open 1Password
    3. Unlock
    4. Click on: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Logins
    5. Click in the Login keyboard shortcut
    6. Press the Delete key (the keyboard shortcut should now read "None")
    7. Press OK
    8. Restart the 1Password helper here: Help > Restart 1Password Helper

I'm hoping this will fix the problem you're having with your barcode scanner. Can you please confirm this? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.