tags sticking around

Hello,

I was playing around with the new tags feature, and I noticed what appears to be a bug.

Essentially:
Open Item #1, has no tags.

Open Item #2, has tags: A, B,
Tag C added to Item #2
Item #2 has tags: A, B, C

Open Item #1, appears to have tag: C
Reopen Item #1, has no tags.

I hope this was clear, it's making it really confusing to tag items.
Also, browser extension always shows tags correctly, no 'ghost tags'

Anyone else experiencing this?

(Windows 8.0)

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry you are having this problem. Can you send us reproducible steps please? I'm having a hard time reproducing this problem. Please be as specific as possible. Thanks!

• Geoffrey Cline
    Geoffrey Cline
    Community Member

Hi,

Sorry it wasn't clear.

Basically, I open and edit "netflix", tag it "media" and close it.
    I then open up editing for gmail, and I see it's tagged "media".
    I didn't add the media tag to gmail.
    However, if I close and open the edit screen again for gmail, the "media" tag is gone.

I hope this clears things up!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I can't replicate this at all.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Geoffrey Cline‌ I'm afraid I cannot seem to reproduce this problem.

• Geoffrey Cline
    Geoffrey Cline
    Community Member

I'll try resetting things on my computer, thanks for trying!

• Hi @Geoffrey Cline‌,

I also can't reproduce this. Have you try restarting your computer and if yes, try going to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Data. After that, see if it makes any difference.

• Kalidor
    Kalidor
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

I'm seeing this as well (at least I think it's the same issue). What I'm seeing appears to be due to a combination of reusing the Edit Login window and the Tags control not "committing" what's typed as a new tag unless you type some separator (space, comma, semi-colon) or the control loses focus. If you type something into the Tags control and then hit Enter, it doesn't appear to commit the new tag to the control until after the Login item is saved (without the new tag). Then the next Edit Login window you open shows that new tag in the Tags control even though it's not associated with the opened item.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open any Login item to edit
    2. Select the Tags control and type "tag1[space]tag2" (notice that "tag1" appears as a tag after you hit the Space key and "tag2" still shows as normal text)
    3. Hit the Enter key to save the Login item
    4. Open a different Login item
    5. Notice "tag2" appears as a tag in the Tags control
    6. Hit Escape to close the Edit Login window without saving
    7. Reopen the same item from step 4
    8. Notice "tag2" no longer appears in the Tags control

Now do the same thing but in step 4 open the original Login item from step 1. Both "tag1" and "tag2" show up as tags. Then hit Escape and reopen the same item and only "tag1" shows up.

"tag2" is never actually created. If you focus the search box and hit Alt-Down between some of these steps, the dropdown will show "tag1" and any other tags you previously created, but "tag2" doesn't show up.

If instead of hitting Enter to save the Login item you click the OK button, "tag2" will be saved as expected. Clicking the OK button takes focus away from the Tags control before trying to save the item, so "tag2" is committed before the save.

This is on the latest version of 1Password for Windows (4.0.1.503). I only tested this with Login items; it may occur with other types as well.

• Hi @kalidor,

Huge thanks, I was able to reproduce this ghost tag as long as I pressed Enter like you mentioned. I've filed a bug report and we'll get this fixed.

Again, thanks!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014

@kalidor Thank you very much for your reproducible steps. Having those makes all the difference in the world.

I have fixed this bug in 4.0.2.BETA-506

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.