Various issues with 1Password 4

Options

Like the new look, but having some issues...

I used to be able to use 1P to fill in forms which were not logins - very helpful as a developer needing to complete forms repeatedly for testing. This seems to not work in all cases anymore. Can't tell what the difference is.

In Chrome, the hotkey only brings up the context menu, and no logins are listed. If I click the toolbar button, they are there and can be used.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In Chrome, the hotkey only brings up the context menu, and no logins are listed. If I click the toolbar button, they are there and can be used.

Are you on a login page? (a page with a username and a password)

• ajsedlak
    ajsedlak
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.

Yes. The toolbar button shows a login I can use. The context menu that pops up when I hit the hot key does not.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajsedlak‌ When you press the keyboard shortcut, are you sure Chrome is the foreground window? Also, I'd be interested in learning what URL you are on. Thanks!

• ajsedlak
    ajsedlak
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I'm certain. And, it's EVERY URL. I've been trying it all over the place and the same results all the time -- button works as expected, menu from hot key doesn't. Firefox works fine for me for both methods.

Tried restarting the helper and uninstalling/reinstalling the plugin. Didn't want to go so far as reinstalling entire app unless it seemed necessary.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajsedlak‌, what are the full version numbers for Chrome and the 1Password extension for Chrome that you're using?

I'm hoping the info will help us reproduce the problem.

Thanks!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

@ajsedlak‌ Please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to an URL with a login form
    2. Press Ctrl+\
    3. Start 1Password 4
    4. Help > Diagnostic Report > Export to File

Please send this diagnostics report to:

stefan AT agilebits DOT com

Thanks!

• ajsedlak
    ajsedlak
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown: Chrome 35.0.1916.153 m, 1P Extension: 4.2.3.90

@svondutch: sending now...

• dteare
    Options

Hello @ajsedlak‌,

Thank you for sending us the diagnostics report. It appears Chrome never replies to our request. I have a theory that would explain this, as well as why Firefox would be working: we handle multiple Chrome profiles in a special way. The extension will not reply to a request unless it is running in the active Chrome window. You mentioned that Chrome had the focus, but I wonder if something is temporarily stealing the window focus and then restoring it?

Please note that because of sandboxing, the extension doesn't actually know if you're running multiple Chrome profiles or not. This means that our code that checks for an active window does not require you to be using multiple Chrome profiles. With that said, it would be great to know if you are using multiple profiles, and it would also be helpful if you could try creating a brand new Chrome profile and see if it behaves any better. Lastly, it would be good to know if you have any apps or utilities installed that fiddle with window focus in any way, as we could have a potential conflict there we'd need to work around.

At the risk of confusing this conversation, I really want to go back to your original message and resurrect this important question:

I used to be able to use 1P to fill in forms which were not logins - very helpful as a developer needing to complete forms repeatedly for testing. This seems to not work in all cases anymore. Can't tell what the difference is.

This should still be possible. We had a temporary issue in the early 4.2.x releases that could have been causing you troubles, but that should have been fixed in 4.2.3.90.

Could you share a few URLs of sites that you cannot fill anymore so we can take a look?

Thanks!

• ajsedlak
    ajsedlak
    Community Member
    Options

As of right now, I'm on extension v4.2.4.2 and Chrome is working for logins via hotkey and most forms. Unfortunately, the one form I know still isn't working is in the control center for purging cached pages from my company web site - you have to be a customer to get there. If I come across public ones I will get back to you. Thanks for the help so far...

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ajsedlak,

Please do let us know us know if you can find public ones, we really want to fix this one for you.

On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.