Suggestion Secondary Password

nargalzius
nargalzius
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I'm not sure if this is a reasonable request, but here goes.

I've been using 1Password in conjunction with Dropbox and have developed a habit of making the keychain available publicly (a.k.a. "1Password Anywhere" mode)

The premise is simple: I put the keychain in the public folder... then put an .htaccess redirect on my personal website so I can remember and input the URL easily.

This allows me access to 1Password Anywhere regardless of the machine I'm using - whether it be private or public.

Of course the drawback here is that it uses a much weaker master password (since we all tend to use weaker passwords to quickly unlock 1P in our local machines) This works well locally since the chances of a stranger physically accessing your laptop is rare. But the keychain exposed publicly via DropBox obviously is a different story altogether.

So my question is if it's possible to be able to nominate a secondary password for direct/public access of the keychain. I'm hoping that when the keychain is accessed via 1PW, it would use the master password... but when accessed outside of 1P, it would require the secondary one (which I would hope we use a much stronger/longer one for it)

Just a thought, not really a priority request - would be nifty to have such a feature.

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the suggestion. While it might be nice in a few circumstances, it doesn't sound like something that would be generally needed (versus as you suggest, just something 'nifty'). We'll keep it in mind.
This discussion has been closed.