Browser extensions Firefox AND Chrome not working? [Fixed by installing the 1Password 4 program]

Options
jbmm
jbmm
Community Member
edited July 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi team,
I'm a happy user of 1password on my iPhone and windows laptops, and use it on a daily basis (private and work).
Recently (since the latest firefox update) the browser plugin stopped working (autologin doesn't react anymore, I have to copy paste manually).
Also the Chrome plugin gives me errors about the plugin not being compatible with windows...(have to uninstall to stop the message)
I tried to restart the helper process, but that didn't work.

All I can do is start using another browser like Safari or IE?

On my laptop I am using: Win7 pro, Firefox 30.0, Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m, McAfee 4.6.0.2292

Please share info on known issues with the Firefox&Chrome browser plugins for windows,
I searched the forum but did only find a topic from june about firefox plugin & norton.

kind regards,
Jeroen

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

the Chrome plugin gives me errors about the plugin not being compatible with windows.

Please download and install 1Password 4 for Windows here:

https://agilebits.com/downloads

It is going to solve this problem.

Thanks!

• jbmm
    jbmm
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

thanks, I am using 1.0.9.341, which said I was up to date ;)
    I bought this november 2012. When I now download and install the latest version, my license key is not valid anymore?

Edit:
    Wait, let me answer that :P
    I found that the free upgrade is for 2013 purchases only, I was five weeks too early 23-11-2012 :(
    Still getting a 50% discount when upgrading though.

On topic: the new plugins do work as expected

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jbmm,

That's great, I'm glad the new extensions are now working. I've sent you a PM about the costs.

This discussion has been closed.