Item deleted on Android devices aren't deleted from the Windows app [Confirmed, will fix ASAP]

Options
Rat_s
Rat_s
Community Member
edited July 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have 2 windows PCs running win7 with 1password 4.0.1.503 and 2 android devices running1password 4.0.1 (1 android 4.2.2 -1 android 4.0.3) All synced over Dropbox.
My problem is that I had a large vault with 800 password records (a lot duplicated) in which I started to sort out on the windows desktop all things synced between all devices fine. I then deleted a lot of the records in 1password on one of the android devices, which synced fine between the android devices but none of the records were deleted from 1password on the windows devices. I noticed Dropbox said that files where updated but none of the records were deleted in 1password on the windows machines. Any modification to any records are synced between andoid and windows over dropbox but deletions aren't.
Any one else come across this and found a way round this problem.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Rat_s,

Can you open 1Password on one of the Windows PCs, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Vault. Does that help remove the deleted items?

• Rat_s
    Rat_s
    Community Member
    Options

Tried to do that and no change, all deleted on android doesn't show in windows, but any changes done on android to record shows on windows computers

• Rat_s
    Rat_s
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps I haven't explained that very well.....Tried to repair the Vault and all stays the same on the windows , still shows all records that have been deleted on android device...but if a record is changed on the android device all changes to the record show on the record on the windows device, dropbox shows that files are updated after changes on the android device. Any changes or deletions on the windows devices show on the android devices.

• Rat_s
    Rat_s
    Community Member
    Options

Also any new items added on android device shows on windows, only problem seems to be with deletions on android.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Rat_s,

Can you open 1PasswordAnywhere on Dropbox.com and see if the deleted items are showing up there.

If it shows up in 1PasswordAnywhere, the problem is likely from the Android app and if it doesn’t, then the problem is in the Windows app.

Let me know how it turns out.

• Rat_s
    Rat_s
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    After installing a number of internet browsers to get 1password anywhere to work(safari the only one i could get to work) the deleted records do not show in there everything is the same as on the android device..

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Rat_S,

We were able to reproduce this, it turns out the flag we set for deleted items in the Android app isn't being read as deleted in the Windows app. We simply have to read the flag properly in the Windows app or update the Android app to change its flag to be read by the Windows app. We'll have it fixed soon.

Thanks for reporting this!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Rat_S,

I just want to follow up and let you know that 1Password 4.1 for Android will have this fix implemented. We hope to have it released sometime this month.

• Rat_s
    Rat_s
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks for quick response.

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.