{Feature Request} Minor Tweaks

I've been using 1Password Pro on my iPhone 4 for one day, and except for a few minor things, I'm loving it!
I'm currently away from my Mac so I've been entering a lot of items manually on the iPhone and here are a few things I've noticed:
- Most, if not all, password fields are set to auto-capitalize the first letter, which I find annoying.
- Email fields don't utilize the iPhone's "email keyboard" so I have to switch to symbols to write @ and .
- The password generator would be nice to have when creating a new login or account item (it's tedious to create a password first, then copy/paste it into it's final destination).
- The "What is it for?" field when generating a new password doesn't allow spaces. Maybe I've missed the point but why does it have to be a web-page format?

That's all for now. I'd love to help out as a beta tester for Mac and iPhone if you need a hand. I'm one of those testers who actually provide feed-back :)

Morten Scheel
@aFringeDweller

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Welcome to the forums, Morten! Thanks for sharing some great feedback.

I've been using 1Password Pro on my iPhone 4 for one day, and except for a few minor things, I'm loving it!

Always good to know. We love making software that is both beautiful and functional. We especially love to know when there are things that make you not love 1Password so we can improve them in the future. :-D

Most, if not all, password fields are set to auto-capitalize the first letter, which I find annoying.

I rarely input data on my iOS devices — I prefer to use my Mac with Dropbox sync — but this one drives me nuts too. We resolved this in the Logins vault but not everywhere yet. :-(

Email fields don't utilize the iPhone's "email keyboard" so I have to switch to symbols to write @ and .

This is a known issue, and I have updated the information in our internal tracker about this. Thanks for bringing it back to our attention.

The password generator would be nice to have when creating a new login or account item (it's tedious to create a password first, then copy/paste it into it's final destination).

Agreed. Also a know issue. Thanks for bringing it up again! This is one that I am really looking forward to. I also am pushing to (at least have the option to) automatically copy generated passwords to the clipboard à la 1Password for Mac.

The "What is it for?" field when generating a new password doesn't allow spaces. Maybe I've missed the point but why does it have to be a web-page format?

The wording of those fields is a bit confusing, but the top field is for a URL (which you can omit), and the bottom field initially populated with the date and time is actually the title field you may be looking for. Feel free to leave the top field blank and edit the title to remove the date and time stamp since the creation date is stored separately automatically anyway.

That's all for now. I'd love to help out as a beta tester for Mac and iPhone if you need a hand. I'm one of those testers who actually provide feed-back :)

We certainly do appreciate the feedback! We will be in touch if we are looking for more beta testers.

Now, I absolutely don't speak for everyone, but, as I mentioned, I don't personally input too much data in 1Password on my iOS devices, but these issues should certainly be resolved for those who do. Who knows? Maybe I will do it more often once we make some changes. ;-)

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.