IE Extension will not prompt to save login at greatart.co.uk

Options

I have managed, with some tweaking, to get one password into... 1Password. This is on my wife’s HP laptop (runs Windows 8). I am now trying to set up a second password. I am hoping that it doesn't normally take a day to get a login working as I have quite a few of these to do. The problem this time is that if I go to www.greatart.co.uk and log in, it will not prompt to save the login details. That is, most of the time - on one occasion it DID offer. I have both “Auto-Save Logins” and “Auto-Submit Logins” ticked.

This occurs in Internet Explorer v10.0.9200.17028 but works okay in Google Chrome v36.0.1985.125 m and in Firefox v31.0. (As a family, when we share the laptop we use different browsers.) How can I force the IE extension to prompt to save a login? My concern is that this is going to happen for other sites while I am using IE.

Thanks
Geoff

Comments

• gxa747
    gxa747
    Community Member
    Options

Likewise with www.mulberrysilks.co.uk, IE extension does not prompt to save the login. Is there some setting I need apart from "Auto-Save Logins" for IE to work?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

How can I force the IE extension to prompt to save a login?

1. Navigate to the login page
    2. Enter your username and password, but do NOT submit the form
    3. Click on the 1Password button
    4. Unlock
    5. Click on: Settings > Save New Login
  • gxa747
    gxa747
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @svondutch, that works. Although I don't understand why it doesn't prompt automatically.

When I log on using this newly created login, it takes 15 seconds to fill in the username, another 32 seconds to fill in the password and another 10 seconds to log on. I so far have no trouble-free passwords with the IE extension. I am thinking of giving up on IE altogether, it doesn't appear to be working as it should with 1Password.

Geoff

• gxa747
    gxa747
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed I was getting no prompts to save passwords for any websites so I clicked "Manage add-ons" in IE. There were 2 entries for AgileBits, the second was under the heading "Not Available" (i.e. publisher's name not available) and that was enabled. But the first, under the heading "AgileBits Inc." was disabled. I don't know why this would be disabled, (I thought that there had to be user interaction to disable add-ons and IE didn't do this automatically.) I am now getting prompts to save logins!!! I am so happy, I may smile. No, wait, let's not get carried away...

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

When I log on using this newly created login, it takes 15 seconds to fill in the username, another 32 seconds to fill in the password and another 10 seconds to log on

Here's something you can try:

1. Start IE
    2. Click on the 1Password button
    3. Unlock
    4. Settings > Open Login In > Current Tab
This discussion has been closed.