SSH Agent

Options

Is there plans to implement SSH agent?

Comments

• Not at present. But we're curious, what would you want to use it for?

• mrltech
    mrltech
    Community Member
    Options

I would like an ssh agent, to log in to the command line interface on UNIX and LINUX systems.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

There's no Lonux client, CLI or GUI.

• pauxus
    pauxus
    Community Member
    Options

Still, this would be useful. There is a neat little extension for KeePass2 (KeeAgent), which acts as an ssh agent. So you store your private key in your password database (vault) as an attachement, include the key-phrase and when you open a putty session or another ssh session from a cygwin bash for example, the key is automatically retrieved, as long as your database is currently open.

This is a huge timesaver and I would love to see a similar feature in 1password.

Any chance for that to happen?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've heard of no plans for such a feature, @pauxus‌. Thanks for letting us know it would be useful to you!

• ag1
    ag1
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on that

maybe also consider the already closed thread with lots of +1s here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/9764/feature-request-intergration-with-ssh-and-terminals

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know your preference, @ag1!

• kazooless
    kazooless
    Community Member
    Options

+1 here. I'm a new user and would welcome integration with Putty for Windows, and Terminal for Mac. Otherwise, I have to type in passwords, which then makes it more than my "One Password" I have to remember and type. Agile should look to dominate every possible place a pw needs to be input.

A Linux client would be great too.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @kazooless!

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    Options

@kazooless‌ The only password manager that could (somewhat) achieve what you ask right now is KeePass with KeeAgent plugin for SSH. I don't think there's Terminal support though.

Anyway, is there no possibility to copy-paste into putty ? I 'm sure i was able to do it and not simply type by hand.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

is there no possibility to copy-paste into putty?

Auto-Type should work: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/using-auto-type

• kazooless
    kazooless
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch I'll try the auto-type.

@J.M. Copy-Paste works, but is obviously more clicking than a built-in feature, and is less secure.

This discussion has been closed.