Where are the tags?

Options

I'm evaluating 1Password (v4.0.1.503) for possible purchase on Windows 8.1. I'm trying to understand how the "Tags" feature works. I see that I can tag entries with custom tags, but how do I access those tags later? I can't find a way to search on tags or browse my tags.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @theremin,

In the main 1Password 4 program, you can search for tagged items by typing the tag name (or by pressing Alt+↓ and selecting the tag name) in the search field.

Or in the browser extension for 1Password 4, there is a "Tags" item that will list your tags and the items associated with them. (Only tagged Login, Credit Card, and Identity items will show up in the extension menu.)

Hopefully that helps!

• theremin
    theremin
    Community Member
    Options

Why isn't there a tags list in the sidebar, as seen here? http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/tags.html

• LauraR
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @theremin - 1Password for Windows currently does not display tags in the sidebar.
    You can search for tagged items by typing the tag name (or by pressing Alt+↓ and selecting the tag name) in the search field.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Why isn't there a tags list in the sidebar?

@theremin‌ This is on my list of things to do. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Here's the pertinent snippet from the Working with folders and tags article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide, accessible from the Help menu:

1Password for Windows currently does not display tags in the sidebar. Add and remove tags as you edit individual items. Search for tagged items by typing the tag name (or by pressing Alt+↓ and selecting the tag name) in the search field.

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

I was just coming here to ask the same question and glad I searched.

I am baffled as to where I am supposed to press "Alt+↓". I've tried in the browser, extension, 1Passsword for Windows app and I still can't get that keystroke to do anything. Any suggestions?

Can't wait for tags on Windows version. Very important feature.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

In the app's search bar.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @RichardPayne‌!

@mia, only in 1Password for Windows (the main program) is there a sidebar and can you edit items. That latter capability is not yet a feature of the browser extensions.

I also hope that a future version includes:

• Alt+↓, auto-complete, or some other mechanism in the Tags field of item-edit dialog boxes, so it's easier to apply an existing tag.

• Display of applied tags in the details area, so you don't have to edit an item to see the tags applied to it.

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

In the app's search bar.

rofl. wow. I totally missed that one.

Display of applied tags in the details area, so you don't have to edit an item to see the tags applied to it.

Excellent! This is what I would like. Maybe tags added to the sidebar as well?

• @mia as svondutch said, adding tags to the sidebar of the main program is on his todo list.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.