1Password cannot fill on scan.co.uk [Confirmed]

Options
meridius
meridius
Community Member
edited August 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi all

Bought 1password a few days ago to manage all my passwords but the problem is one site I use will not work.

the site been is www.scan.co.uk, as it asks you in the log in screen

Name:
Postcode:
Mothers Maiden name:
Password:

I just can not get this site to work at all as there is not a simple user name and password entry.

can anyone help me on this

thanks

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @meridius,

It looks like the way they designed the login form doesn't contain any unique names or labels we can use to identify what goes into each field, so 1Password can't properly fill in. They use data-binding, which is something we do not support at the moment but would like to investigate if possible to do this.

Right now, what you can do are two things:

1. For now, you have to basically copy and paste between 1Password and the site to fill in the data
    2. You can contact the developer of Scan.co.uk and ask if they can add the name or label variable to each input field of their login forms, so that password managers can securely fill in your data. This would help any manager, not just 1Password.
  • meridius
    meridius
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for getting back to me.

The thing is I just used the 1password for the password part and filled in the rest myself but when it enters the password it will not log in only if I enter the password myself or use copy and paste will it work for some reason when your 1password enters the password in the password box the site just askes to fill in the field but it is already.

what will that be ?

thanks

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member
    Options

ii have to add another letter at the end of the password and then delete that letter for it to register the password as when 1password pastes the password into there site it still thinks the files is empty

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @meridius‌,

Without having a valid account to see how this behaves on our side, it sounds like the site has some validation checks in place that doesn't get run if nothing is typed into the password field.

When 1Password fills in, it doesn't use your keyboard, it simply modify the field to have the value. In a few rare cases, the site doesn't see you typing anything in the password field and so it trigger this error that you saw. When you delete the last character and re-enter it, it sees you've typed something in the password field and submits the form.

That's probably something you can also bring up with the site, to ask that they check for characters in the password field rather than what they're doing now.

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the help

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

You're welcome! If you do contact the site and they got back, please let us know what their response was if you don't mind.

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member
    Options

no problem.

they said they have passed it onto there web design team and also have had this complaint before and will let me know but I am not holding my breath

thanks

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

@meridius - I've found I can login to the Scan web-site once I get past the prompt asking me for my email address.

I manually saved the login details, and 1Password has created an email and password field for the site that fills in the details correctly.

I think you're trying to login with your postcode details though. I recommend creating an account with Scan if you want to use 1Password for the site.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@meridius, at least you're not the first one and it does sound like they may fix it if they're willing to take the time to reply.

@pbryanw‌, thanks for writing in to tell us what may help.

This discussion has been closed.