Latest firefox doesn't work with 1Pass

Options

Last week, firefox and 1Pass were playing nicely. Come back to work and my browser has been updated. Now it won't enter in usernames/passwords and won't recognise new forms. I cannot create a new form via the firefox addon either. I've tried Internet Explorer on the same PC and this works perfectly fine.

I've removed the addon in firefox, shut down firefox and reinstalled. Still no luck. Firefox version: 31.0.

My AV is Eset Endpoint AV V 5.0.2126.0. I can't image that it's the AV as Internet Explorer is still working ok? I disabled protection and it made no difference.

Comments

• Holmium
    Holmium
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

I went into the addon to generate a troubleshooting report but the report is empty? Example:

System Information
    System time
    Browser version

1Password Extension Information
    Extension version (release notes)
    Database created at
    Instance UUID
    Uptime (mins)

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @Holmium,

Internet Explorer is an exception to how 1Password works in other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari (and Opera using the newer 1Password 4 for Windows).

Based on the fact that it works in IE but not in Firefox, it suggests that something is blocking the communications between the 1Password extension and 1Password Helper that's running in the background to sync your data between the data file and the extension. This doesn't happen with IE.

Since you mentioned you're using ESET, can you try the ESET tweak offered in our guide here, and see if it'll work.

Note that many times disabling the protection doesn't disable everything else that the AV software does. In this case, it's the website access protection in ESET causing the problem with 1Password.

Let me know if that helps. If not, can you tell me the version information for your Windows and 1Password.

• Holmium
    Holmium
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. The exceptions seems to allow it to work now. I guess the AV (or it's policy) had updated around the same time firefox did.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Holmium I'm happy to hear that helped, thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.