Twitch.tv login is sometimes put in the signup form

Options

It's annoyed me for a while now. So I figured I'd post it here in hope it can be improved ;)

What happens in that twitch.tv has a signup form on the page and then when you want to login it will do a modal dialog over the page with the login fields (that appears to use the same form field names). When then trying to fill out the form with the Chrome extension it fills out the signup form only. And submits that (if that option is enabled - obviously).

Initially I thought it was consistent. But trying to reproduce it when typing this up it started filling out the login form instead. So I guess your algorithm for figuring out the correct form already tries to deal with this. But don't always work correctly.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Tiran,

If you had auto-saved a Login item for twitch.tv when you filled out the signup form, it might help to manually save a new Login item from the actual login form by following these steps:

• Visit twitch.tv and click the "Log In" link.
    • Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    • Click the 1Password extension icon in the browser.
    • Select Settings > Save New Login.
    • Change the title so you can easily tell the new login apart from the old one.
    • Click the Save button.
    • Refresh the web site, then try to have 1Password fill your info using the new login.

If that doesn't help, you can also try manually saving a new Login from an alternate login page: https://secure.twitch.tv/login

Hopefully that helps, let us know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.