Copy button disappeared (months ago)

Options

With some "upgrade" a while back (many months ago), the "copy" button disappeared - the one that lets you get a username or password onto your clipboard.

The button is still there when I add a new password - but when I try to access it later, I have to double click on the field, manually select the contents, ctrl C, and escape out (to avoid accidentally editing the field), then go to the other window (browser or whatever) and paste it in.

This is a feature I used quite a bit and I miss it quite a lot. The only mention of this on the Agilebits forums is on the Mac forum, with the same issue back in January of this year.
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/20640/copy-button-disappears

I tried the workaround mentioned there (switching items) and it completely fails to resolve the issue.

I'm running Windows 7, and my version of 1Password is 1.0.9.341 which it says is the latest version.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @MZ123,

I'm not sure which button disappeared. Can you tell me which browser you're using and where was the button originally?

I'm using 1.0.9.341 on Windows 7 and the Copy to Clipboard is still in the item's details view.

• MZ123
    MZ123
    Community Member
    Options

Strange I never got a notification that this reply had been posted - I wonder if I forgot to check something when I posted it :-)

Anyway: This is not in any browser, it's in 1Password itself. The copy buttons appear when you first create the logon, but then later when you try to access it, they do not. The images here are from creating a new login, then after I save it. If you notice the "copy" icon on the first image (iconS actually, there's one next to the ID and one next to the password). They do not appear on the window after it's been saved.

As I've never succeeded in getting 1Password to work with Chrome (even after manually downloading the older version), this is something I would use, a LOT.

imageimage

• MZ123
    MZ123
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot to note: The second window (opening a saved logon) USED to have copy buttons, and I seem to recall the password was masked as well. A few versions ago, they disappeared.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MZ123, you don't need to open a saved Login item in a second window to find the copy buttons. In the main 1Password program window, click once on a Login item, then look at the details view (the section of the window directly below the list of Logins). To the right of the username and password fields, you'll see the Copy button (see MikeT's screenshot).

Please note that the button is just an icon (it looks like two pieces of paper). It doesn't show the word "Copy" next to it. Click that button, and your username or password will be copied to the clipboard.

• MZ123
    MZ123
    Community Member
    Options

Aha! That worked. Apparently that part of the window got minimized somehow. I feel smrt, I mean smart :D

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MZ123 I'm happy to hear that worked! If you need anything else, just let us know. :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

@MZ123‌, you might want to check whether the View > Conceal Passwords toggle got enabled, as well. (That'd affect whether passwords were obfuscated.)

This discussion has been closed.