Basic questions

Options
lisa_sk8
lisa_sk8
Community Member
edited August 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am looking into purchasing 1Password but had a few questions for which I couldn't find answers to when doing a search.

1. if I install 1P on one PC and then upgrade my PC, do I have to buy another license?
  2. when purchasing, are there any admin fees, taxes, that are not captured in the posted price?
  3. when using 1PasswordAnywhere, it basically shows me a copy/list of all the passwords I've entered on my iOS app, correct?

Given that I use a work PC (which may be replaced shortly, hence Q1) and home PC, but my iPhone travels with me everywhere, I figured my best option would be the app even though it's not what I normally browse with... Or would that just be a waste/pain given that most of the functionality (auto-sync, auto-fill, folders, vulnerability issues... etc) won't be available on the PC? Hate to say it but I don't want to spend $80 (2PC, 1 iOS app) on a password manager that I haven't used yet... and then have to spend another $35+ if I get a new work PC. Thoughts?

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @lisa_sk8‌,

1. if I install 1P on one PC and then upgrade my PC, do I have to buy another license?

No, as long as you're the only 1Password user, you can use the same license on any number of PCs you want.

Our license policy is per user per platform. So, a single-user purchase entitles you to use the same license (for that specific version) on any number of devices of that platform. So, if you have a Mac license, you can use any number of Macs. We also offer Mac+Windows bundle license, which mean you can use it on any number of PC and Macs.

1. when purchasing, are there any admin fees, taxes, that are not captured in the posted price?

There is no admin fee but there are taxes in certain locations, like Canada since we're a Canadian company. We will add the taxes once you enter your address information since we need that info before calucating it.

1. when using 1PasswordAnywhere, it basically shows me a copy/list of all the passwords I've entered on my iOS app, correct?

Correct, it's just a web app that reads your data file.

Given that I use a work PC (which may be replaced shortly, hence Q1) and home PC, but my iPhone travels with me everywhere, I figured my best option would be the app even though it's not what I normally browse with... Or would that just be a waste/pain given that most of the functionality (auto-sync, auto-fill, folders, vulnerability issues... etc) won't be available on the PC?

Auto-sync, fill, Watchtower and other features are available on PC. The best thing to do is to use 1Password on a trial basis for 30 days. We do not have any restrictions for the first 30 days and if you have less than 20 items, it's free to use without any time restrictions.

You can find the trial version here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

This discussion has been closed.