Help with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

Options
Glenn Rhodes
Glenn Rhodes
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

My company uses this tool for VPN access so this is a password I have to type in a lot. When the pop-up is generated and select my location 1Password is not asking me to save. Is there another step to adding a VPN tool like this?

Comments

• Hi @Glenn Rhodes‌,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Is this client on a Mac or Windows system? Also, is the form done within a web browser or is it a separate app window?

I ask the second one, because if it is a separate app, we cannot detect login fields there. We can in the browser because the browsers support our extension, which is the crucial piece that watches for login fields. If this is the case, you will need to manually record the information in 1Password, and then copy/paste over to the VPN app.

Let me know!

• Glenn Rhodes
    Glenn Rhodes
    Community Member
    Options

I am using a Mac but the Cisco VPN app has its own log in form vs launching a web browser form. So what exactly do I need to do to still leverage 1password?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, Glenn.

1Password is currently unable to fill information from 1Password in non-browser applications. You can manually create an item in the main 1Password application, then use 1Password mini to access it:

• Press Option-Command-\ (⌥⌘\) or click the 1Password key icon in the menu bar to open 1Password mini.
    • Start typing the name of the item you wish to find or navigate to it using a keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
    • While viewing the item's details, you can hover over specific fields to copy them and optionally click the anchor key in the bottom right corner to "pin" the details to your screen so multiple fields can be easily copied/pasted:

I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have other questions about this or anything else.

This discussion has been closed.