"Not Reponding" When Opening in Windows

Options
wallabytech
wallabytech
Community Member
edited August 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I have 1Password installed on my personal Mac (Mavericks), work Windows (8.1 64-bit) and a couple of iOS devices (iPad3 + iPhone 5S). They are all running the latest 1Password version, have all OS updates and is syncing nicely with Dropbox. The Windows version is 4.0.1.503.

I've been having a problem on the Windows 8.1 64-bit machine for a while when I open the 1Password application. It starts and then after a short moment goes into "Not Responding" and take ~30-60s to become available for use. Also sometime when working within the application it pauses with the same "Not Responding". I'm not seeing any issues with the Mac or iOS versions.

I was a Windows beta user for a while and have completely uninstalled the beta version and installed the release version without success.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Simon, I'm sorry to hear you're having that problem. :/

Do you have any antivirus, anti-malware, or firewall software installed?

Also, are you connecting to the Internet from behind a proxy server?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wallabytech‌ Here are a few settings you might want to turn OFF and then try again:

1. View > "show rich icons"
    2. File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > General > "scan Dropbox directory for 1Password vaults"
    3. File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Updates > "automatically check for updates"

Please let us know which one was slowing you down. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.