1Password Chrome doesn't work anymore

Options

Hi,
I'm looking for some help. Since yesterday the 1Password extension in Google Chrome doesn't work anymore. I have got to computers setup with it, both are running windows 7 and one is working perfectly fine. Haven't changed any setting on the computer, already re-installed the extension on Chrome a couple of times and it still doesn't work. Attached is a screen shot of the error message.
Thanks for your help!

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

No attachment.

Taking a guess, if the white padlock icon present in the systray? If not then try using the "Restart 1Password Helper" option on the Help menu of the main app.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

What @RichardPayne‌ says.

Are you running Kaspersky or any other anti-virus solution maybe?

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

svondutch,
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but (out of idle curiosity) I have Kaspersky Antivirus 2014 on my computer, but I disabled ALL of the protections and the avpui.exe (monitoring) app that runs in the background. I simply launch it when I need to make a manual scan by Right Click > Context Menu.

Is this something I should be concerned about? As long as the app isn't running at all, will it in any way screw up 1Password??

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

As long as (Kaspersky) isn't running at all, will it in any way screw up 1Password?

@mia I don't know, but there is an easy trick to tell. Click on the 1Password key button in Chrome or Firefox or Safari. If the 1Password popup menu appears, then Kaspersky isn't stopping 1Password. If nothing happens, then some anti-virus solution (probably Kaspersky) is blocking 1Password.

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

svondutch, mine is fine. Just an FYI, the last couple of years Kaspersky installs two hidden and forceful extensions in IE and Chrome (prolly Firefox too).
    No problems here.

• @Chris Howe‌ Have any of the suggestions in this thread helped you so far? The screenshot you tried to show us wasn't attached, you might want to try again or upload it to Dropbox (or something similar) and post a link to the screenshot.

This discussion has been closed.