Login broken for Bank of America

It seems like the chrome extension isn't working with Bank of America anymore. The login page has a single field, no username, just a password field. I don't have my username saved in 1Password. When I launch the extension, it finds the login info, but fails to fill the field. When I key over to view the details of the login, I see "Wendy Appleseed" as the username. Which, obviously, I haven't set. No clue if that has anything to do with the password not being filled. It used to work great, it's only been broken in the last few builds of the chrome extension. If I get some info on how to debug further on my end, I'd be glad to look at it. Couldn't find any console output anywhere.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Hello GFontenot,

I'm sorry you're having this problem. It sounds like you might have the sample data loaded in 1Password (Help > Tools > Import Sample Data File). All the sample data items are tagged "sample" so you can easily find and remove them by clicking on the sample tag in the sidebar.

There was also an issue in a version of the Chrome extension that displayed (though did not fill) the sample data instead of your real data for all the titles of logins. Please make sure you are using the latest version of the Chrome extension (3.5.1.30801).

Additionally, you may need to save a new login (perhaps even manually in Safari since the Chrome extension does not support manually saving a login yet). My Bank of America login has been working — unchanged — since the inception of the Chrome extension. :S

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • GFontenot
    GFontenot
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Hello GFontenot,

I'm sorry you're having this problem. It sounds like you might have the sample data loaded in 1Password (Help > Tools > Import Sample Data File). All the sample data items are tagged "sample" so you can easily find and remove them by clicking on the sample tag in the sidebar.

There was also an issue in a version of the Chrome extension that displayed (though did not fill) the sample data instead of your real data for all the titles of logins. Please make sure you are using the latest version of the Chrome extension (3.5.1.30801).

Additionally, you may need to save a new login (perhaps even manually in Safari since the Chrome extension does not support manually saving a login yet). My Bank of America login has been working — unchanged — since the inception of the Chrome extension. :S

Please let me know how it turns out.

No, that's not the issue. I don't have any of the sample data loaded. My Bank of America login does not have a username entered. This breaks the chrome extension. If I give the login entry a username (even something like "none"), the "wendyappleseed" username is removed, and the extension works again. Delete the username, and the extension fails to fill the field again. This is 100% reproducible for me.
  • earroyo
    earroyo
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    Tried my BOA account and it worked. My combination is...

Google Chrome 7.0.517.44 and 1Password Mac Version 3.5.2.BETA-1 (build 30805)

Edgar
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Gordon, could you post a screenshot of your extensions page from Chrome (Window > Extensions)? Thanks!
  • GFontenot
    GFontenot
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Gordon, could you post a screenshot of your extensions page from Chrome (Window > Extensions)? Thanks!

I'm assuming you just need to see the extension version?:
    20101130-twgxeqt5biff4y5r8gu5we31t7.jpg

For the record, Chrome version 8.0.552.28 (Beta Channel)
    1Password version 3.5.2.BETA-1 (build 30805)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Have you tried creating a new login as I first suggested? Please let me know how that turned out. Does the issue exist in other logins or just the one?
  • GFontenot
    GFontenot
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Have you tried creating a new login as I first suggested? Please let me know how that turned out. Does the issue exist in other logins or just the one?

Creating a new login seems to fix the issue. This is the only login I have had problems with.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for letting me know that it is working well now. Always good news! :-)

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
This discussion has been closed.