Wi-Fi Sync Windows with my iPad Air

sab
sab
Community Member
edited September 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Yesterday I bought the software. I store all passwords on my windows device and wanted to sync to my iPad. But it doesn't work. I did all the steps like in the tutorial. It says that sync started and then I keep getting the error message Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out". I even turned the windows firewall completely off.
I would prefer to sync over Wifi. (I also tried with dropbox, but it didn't work neither.)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

@sab‌, I'm far from expert in the Wi-Fi area, but here's what I've been able to find out.

"The timeout error usually means that the iPad and the other side doesn't see each other or if it did find each other, it took too long."

My co-worker suggests you make sure your Wi-Fi network "is the same between both iPad and the PC." He also says you might try rebooting Windows, noting that he has seen that solve the problem on his own system.

I know you said you had followed the instructions in the "tutorial": do you mean the Syncing over Wi-Fi article in the user's guide?

If so, did you make sure 1Password for Windows was actually showing the Wi-Fi Sync dialog box and that you left that window open the whole time?

My co-worker suggests that, if you're still having problems, you press the View Log button in the Wi-Fi Sync dialog box and send it to us at support@agilebits.com. Please include a link to this forum discussion, so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

Oh, and please let us know what you're seeing on the iPad. Thanks again!

• sst_sst
    sst_sst
    Community Member

I had exactly the same problem and it was related to bonjour no longer working on my Win8.1 PC. What did the trick for me is deactivating IPv6 for the networks adapter of my PC running Win8.1 (see link http://www.technipages.com/itunes-for-windows-home-sharing-doesnt-work). I'm absolutely sure that this has only been activated recently as I had the same issues with some other apps which worked fine until recently.

• sst_sst
    sst_sst
    Community Member

I had the same problem and it's been related to Bonjour no longer working on my Win 8.1 PC. What did the trick for me was to disable IPV6 on the network adapter of my PC ( as described in http://www.technipages.com/itunes-for-windows-home-sharing-doesnt-work). I'm sure that this change was introduced only recently as I didn't do it and it's caused other applications which used to work with Bonjour to stop working recently.

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.