1Password Windows takes me to signin page but fills nothing out, iPad works ok (mostly)

had the program some while, used it on the iPad (pretty good) and used Roboform on PC (not very secure but logins work really well).

decided to use 1Password on PC and I get nothing - is it a setting not right?

thanks in advance for help.

Comments

• mikes
    mikes
    Community Member

OK it seems the windows version works differently to the IOS, it must be told to fill the forms in, it will not do so automatically or even volunteer.

Not so good.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

If are opening the signin page from the 1Password browser extension then it should fill and submit automatically. It might not do the submit part if you have the Auto-Submit Logins option disabled on the Logins tab in Preferences. However, it should auto-fill.

If you're doing it from the main app then there might be a bug. It does not appear to auto-fill or submit. @svondutch is it supposed to?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

If you're doing it from the main app then there might be a bug. It does not appear to auto-fill or submit. @svondutch is it supposed to?

Correct - when you're doing it from the app then you need to press Ctrl+\ (or the 1Password key button)

Whether this is a bug (or not) is still open for debate :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

As noted in the Using Logins in the main program article in the Quick Start section of the user's guide:

Normally, double-clicking a listed Login in 1Password opens the Login in an edit window; but you can configure 1Password to open the Login’s URL in a preferred web browser, instead. To do so, set the Double-click option to Open the URL in web browser on the General tab of 1Password preferences.

Note: You’ll still need to fill and submit the login form at that URL.

• CaptKirk
    CaptKirk
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

I can get the login to work from the Windows app if I click on the URL then use the Ctrl+\. But shouldn't it also work by right-clicking on an entry then select "open in" and select your browser? Again that only opens the browser but doesn't auto-fill unless I use the Ctrl+\.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@CaptKirk, opening a URL from the main 1Password program simply opens that website in your browser - it doesn't fill your login data. As mentioned above, once you open the site you'll need to press Ctrl+\ or use the 1Password extension button to fill your info.

On the other hand, if you open a website by selecting a login from the browser extension, it will also fill your login info for you.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

The Open In command is design so you can easily use different browsers for different sites (because some insist on being IE-only or non-IE).

You still have to indicate to 1Password that you want the form filled and submitted, as explained above.

This discussion has been closed.