iPhone not syncing with Windows 1Password

I have my iPhone set to sync with Dropbox. And I have Windows 7 version of 1Password.

My Windows 1Password says it has 225 logins and my iPhone only has 201 items in it. It seems like they are not syncing.
When I go to Sync -> Sync with Dropbox on myiPhone, it sees my account so I'm not sure what I need to do to get them
to have the same number of logins.

I looked at this : https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-4-for-windows/4/en/topic/setting-up-dropbox-sync
but none of those are my situation. I've got Windows 7 desktop version of 1Password and I'm trying to get those logins to my
iPhone.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @safetyman,

It sounds like Dropbox sync is not enabled in 1Password on your iPhone. To set it up, make sure you follow the steps here: Sync With Dropbox (1Password 4 for iOS)

During the setup, when you see your Dropbox account name, make sure you tap on the name (do not tap on the 'i' icon).

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Yes, indeed. The instructions for setting up Dropbox syncing within a particular version (platform) of 1Password are documented in that version's user's guide.

We're looking at ways to make that easier for multiple-platform customers without making it overwhelmingly complex.

Thanks for the feedback, @safetyman‌!

• safetyman
    safetyman
    Community Member

Thanks for responding, Drew.

Ok, I tapped "Sync with Dropbox", then I tapped my name and two vaults were listed. When I chose the one I thought was correct, it said there was a "Vault Mismatch." I selected "More Info." On the left side it said "Your Vault". On the right side was "Dropbox Vault" which is probably the one I want, as it has more items in it.

What happens if I select "Merge These Vaults Anyway"? I wasn't thinking I wanted to merge them, but rather to take the Dropbox vault. I suspect I may not have been syncing from Dropbox since I updated to 1PW v4 for iOS. I think all the items in my Dropbox Vault should be more up to date.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

You can see what's in each vault by opening it either in 1Password for Windows or through the 1Password.html file on your private dropbox.com web site.

I don't specialize in 1Password for iOS, and I haven't seen that screen in quite some time, but I believe it's showing you the differences between what's in the copy of the vault on your iPhone and the copy that's on your private dropbox.com web site. If your check of the vault there shows it's the one you want to use, merging may be the way to go.

Caution: Before doing the following, I'd have to be very sure I didn't need anything stored in 1Password for iOS on my iPhone that wasn't also in the copy of the vault on my private dropbox.com web site.

As an alternative, you could remove the 1Password app from your iPhone (which would clear all your 1Password data from it, too) and then re-install it (from the App Store), choose the Dropbox sync option again, and take what's there directly.

• safetyman
    safetyman
    Community Member

Once I verified which of the two accounts was the more complete, I chose to merge them. Now my phone and desktop accounts are identical. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @safetyman—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.