1Password 4 + .ws.agile.1Password.settings

Urda
Urda
Community Member
edited September 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I noticed when I added another vault (for some testing) into my Dropbox that the .ws.agile.1Password.settings file was not updated.

I use the latest version of 1Password on my iPhone, iPad, and Windows machines. Is this file still used going forward (since it didn't add another vault into the list) and is it safe to remove? Or should it be left alone?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Is this file still used going forward

No.

is it safe to remove? Or should it be left alone?

You can remove it, but older versions (or other platforms -- such as Windows Phone, for example) depend on it.

• Urda
    Urda
    Community Member

Ok so as long as I'm using the latest versions of 4 (which I am). I'm good to remove it is the understanding.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@Urda, that's correct - if you're using 1Password 4 on iOS and Windows, you don't need that .ws.agile.1Password.settings file in Dropbox anymore, so you can delete it if you'd like.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

...while understanding that (a) it may well be created again, and (b) it's a tiny text file that won't hurt anything or take up significant space in your Dropbox account.

• Urda
    Urda
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

@DBrown‌ Yup and yup! Like I mentioned, I was curious about its purpose after adding extra vaults.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

No problem @Urda! If you have more questions about it just let us know.

This discussion has been closed.