1password, not auto lock ?

Hi there

I use 1password on windows 7 and for some reason it will not auto lock after 20 min of none use ? I have it set to 20 min of none use to lock in the settings but it does not work.

the screen saver or go to sleep mode locks the program but will not lock after 20 min of none use even if I shut down ie11 and test it later after 20min still its unlocked

is this a bug ?

thanks

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble, @meridius!

First, can you confirm that you mean the browser extension isn't locking?

Second, in 1Password preferences:

• What are the settings of all four Auto-Lock options on the Security tab?

• What is the setting of the System Tray option on the General tab?

• What are the settings of the two Unlock options on the Browsers tab?

We want to figure out what's going on and get things working for you!

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

both the browser and main program window are not locking after the 20min of inactivity which I have set they only auto lock when the screen saver comes on or if the computer goes into sleep

Auto-Lock settings are top three selected 4th box not selected

System Tray options all ticked

Unlock on Browsers tab: only Universal Unlock is selected

thanks hope this helps

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@meridius, is this something that has worked in the past but has stopped working recently?

If so, have you changed any of those settings (which all look fine, by the way) around the same time?

I ask because I have the settings configured the same way, and 1Password is locking itself after the specified period of inactivity.

Just to be clear, "inactivity" refers to system activity (that is, use of your computer), not to 1Password activity or browser activity.

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member

sorry my bad, I thought it was the 1Password activity or browser activity. so the et time is for when know one touches the computer. I see now my fault

thanks for clearing that up

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@keridius if you disable "Universal Unlock", then system activity won't keep the 1Password app alive, and it will lock after X minutes of inactivity in the app.

This discussion has been closed.