Browser Extension for Firefox has to be reinstalled every time I open Firefox

Options

Browser Extension for Firefox has to be reinstalled every time I open Firefox otherwise I get the red circle with the exclamation point. It seems to have just started

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Rick,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version number of 1Password, your operating system and Firefox?
    • Do you have any firewalls installed that might be blocking the communication between the extension and the main app?
    • Are you seeing any error message along with the exclamation point?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• Rick Phillips
    Rick Phillips
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, Firefox is version 32.0. 1Password is Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) If I click the exclamation point I see "Problem with 1Password Helper. The iPassword Helper extension is experiencing problems...." If I uninstall the Firefox extension and reinstall, all is OK until I restart Firefox. Thanks Megan!

• Rick Phillips
    Rick Phillips
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, and all firewalls are turned off.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Rick,

We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac3

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Rick Phillips
    Rick Phillips
    Community Member
    Options

Report has been sent. I did try to look for this.... The 1Password Helper background process is not set for automatic starting. This will prevent access to keyboard shortcuts, Universal Unlock and data syncing of items between 1Password and the browsers. Please choose the 1Password > Preferences > Extensions pane and enable the checkbox for 'Keep helper running ...'. but could not find it. I have no extensions tab, only Browsers.

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Rick,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

• Rick Phillips
    Rick Phillips
    Community Member
    Options

Verify and repair disk permissions using the Disk Utility for Mac

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Rick,

I've merged your new post into the one where we were discussing your 1Password question. I'm so glad to hear that you got things sorted out! If you have any further questions, we're here to help. :)

• Rick Phillips
    Rick Phillips
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Megan,

I have used the tools to create the diagnostics report and am sending it to you from arm********gic@icloud.com

-Rick

• Rick Phillips
    Rick Phillips
    Community Member
    Options

Another report sent to you.

• Hi Rick,

I have found your email. It says something to the effect that you solved the issue with a permissions repair? Is it okay to assume everything is a-okay now?

ref: JUC-54679-389

• Rick Phillips
    Rick Phillips
    Community Member
    Options

It lasted for 2 days and the red circle exclamation is back. I have to remove extension from Firefox, close Firefox, reopen it and install the extension again. It then works until I reboot the next morning and then it starts all over again.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Rick,

I'm sorry to hear that this is still giving you trouble. Please follow the instructions you received via email to generate a fresh Diagnostics Report and our team will figure out where things are getting tangled.

Thanks for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.