Newly added web site login and password in 1Password3 App on Mac not showing up in Safari extension

Options

This just started occurring within the last month. Though problem may have existed longer, but I just added a new web site to 1Password3 using the Safari 1Password extension, and it did not get saved in the Title list of the 1Password Mac App. I have messed around off and on for a few weeks. Tonight I searched the 1Password3 Mac App on my MacBook for the title and it popped up in an area called "Common". I added a new web site and password into 1Password3 Mac App. Then went into Safari and the new site does not show up in the 1Password3 extension list. All of the old web sites and passwords are still there and work. But these latest new ones do not show up. The new web site does show up in the 1Password3 Mac App title list.

What has changed in the past couple months. I know that there was a recent 1Password3 update a while back, and it seemed to add more items into the left hand list of safety boxes (Logins, Accounts, Identities, Secure Notes, Software, Wallet).

I am running the following versions of applications: 1Password3 Mac App Version 3.8.22 (build 32010), Safari Version 7.0.6 (9537.78.2), 1Password3 Safari browser extension version 3.9.20. The Mac OS that I did the following creation on is running Mac OS Version 10.9.4. I am using the Agile keychain in the dropbox folder, so that it sync's with my iMac running OS Version 10.7.5.

I do not want to upgrade to 1Password4, since it will not run on the iMac 10.7.5. And I don't want to upgrade the iMac until the next version of Mac OS is released later this year (Yosemite) when I will upgrade both my MacBook pro from Mavericks and the iMac from Lion.

1Password support people, what would be causing this problem to show up in the past few month? And, is there a solution, other than the standard answer "Upgrade to 1Password 4" and "Our developers are too busy working on getting the bugs out of 1Password 4". This kind of problem may make me reconsider one of your competitors password products.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bobbyAHorton‌

It sounds to me like something is blocking the connection between the extension and the main app. You certainly do not have to upgrade to 1Password 4 if you do not want to. I think you're missing out on some cool features, but then I'm clearly a bit biased.

In any case, we'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac3

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• bobbyAHorton
    bobbyAHorton
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, I have emailed the 1Password diagnostic report to support+mac@agilebits.com and also to support@agilebits.com. Hope you find what is preventing newly added web sites in the 1Password3 Mac App not to show up in my Safari 1Password3 extension, even though all of the older contents of 1Password3 Mac App do show up and work. One thing that I did see in my various tests was that a new web site that I entered via the Safari 1Password3 extension a week or so ago did show up in an invisible folder called "common". I found that by doing a search for the web site's name in the 1Password3 Mac App. I have since deleted that entry.

Thank you for your prompt replies.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bobbyAHorton,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: HTJ-64941-222

• bobbyAHorton
    bobbyAHorton
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I have been looking through other peoples reported problems with 1Password 3 browser extensions. I have found the solution to my problem, via Khad's response edited 25 Jun 2014, for "'Problem with database' in V3 extension in Safari on OS X Mavericks". I believe it is # 17249. It basically tells how to uninstall the 1Password 3 extension from the browser, in my case Safari. It worked for me. The only thing I would like to add for those reading this string is that if they are syncing via dropbox between their machines, they should turn off dropbox on all of their machines before uninstalling 1Password extension from each of their machines, and then reinstalling the extension, per the recommended process by Khad. After all machines 1Password extensions have been reinstalled, and verified that all is working with 1Password on each machine, then turn dropbox back on for all the machines.

Megan, you can pass on to your support people that I have solved my problem. I do not need to hear from them.

• Hi @bobbyAHorton‌,

I am glad to hear Khad's solution worked well for you! I've let Eva, who was helping you in support, know that you do not require further help. Have an awesome week! :)

This discussion has been closed.