A site you can use to perfect 1Password

https://mega.co.nz

I don't know if you have a place in this forum for sites like this, but I just used 1Password to fill out a very simple form to create an account on the site above. It didn't go well (First name was entered in both first and last name fields; the generated password didn't even make it to the form despite several attempts)

I wanted to call this to the developer's attention to help 1Password improve it's form-filling capabilities.

Comments

• phoenixrizing
    phoenixrizing
    Community Member

It also didn't prompt me to save the login I just created.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

@phoenixrizing‌ here are my steps:

1. Start Chrome 37 (running 1Password 4.2.5.1)
    2. Navigate to https://mega.co.nz
    3. Click on: "Create Account"
    4. Enter your name and e-mail address
    5. Click on the 1Password key button
    6. Click on: "Password Generator"
    7. Click on: "OK"
    8. Click inside the "Password" input, press Ctrl+V (Paste)
    9. Click inside the "Retype Password" input, press Ctrl+V (Paste)
    10. Click on: "Create Account"

From here, I decided to close Chrome and test-drive my newly created account:

1. Start Chrome 37 (running 1Password 4.2.5.1)
    2. Navigate to https://mega.co.nz
    3. Click on: "Login"
    4. Enter your e-mail address
    5. Click inside the "Password" input
    6. Click on the 1Password key button
    7. Click on: "Last Generated Password"

Do not click on "Login". We're going to create a new Login item:

1. Click on the 1Password key button
    2. Click on: Settings > Save new Login
    3. Click on: "Save"

I see a few problems:

1. Step #6 should enter your newly generated password into the "Password" and "Retype Password" inputs. It does not seem to do this.
    2. Submitting the login after step #17 should trigger the 1Password Auto-Save prompt to appear. It does not seem to do this.

I have reported these problems to our JavaScript team. Thanks!

• phoenixrizing
    phoenixrizing
    Community Member

Thanks, svondutch.

I think I follow you, though it looks like you took quite a few more steps than I took when I first created my account. It doesn't appear you used an identity to fill in the name fields, which is what I did. Was this also included in your report to the JavaScript team?

Regarding your last steps 1 and 2: yes, on 1, I was expecting the generated password to be automatically placed in the password and retype password fields. But you included further above that you simply pasted the generated password without copying it first. I thought you had to click the Copy button in order to do that. Could you please clarify?

Am I correct in saying that in cases where 1Password does not prompt me to save a new login, it will (without fail?) save it after the fact as long as I go to Settings > Save new login?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

I was expecting the generated password to be automatically placed in the password and retype password fields. But you included further above that you simply pasted the generated password without copying it first. I thought you had to click the Copy button in order to do that. Could you please clarify?

When you click on "Last Generated Password" then it is also copied to the clipboard. No need to click a Copy button.

Am I correct in saying that in cases where 1Password does not prompt me to save a new login, it will (without fail?) save it after the fact as long as I go to Settings > Save new login

Correct. Auto-Save is not perfect. This is why you can save a new Login item manually.

This discussion has been closed.