Agile1pAgent CPU Use and Sync Issues

PittCaleb
PittCaleb
Community Member
edited September 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows
  1. in Chrome, 1Password plug-in sees all my password, however in FireFox, it does not show all of them. I used to have instructions on how to clean up this issue and it worked, but can't find. Please remind me someone.

2. I recently rebooted my PC, something that occurs maybe every 3 months. After re-boot, my system kept "locking up" - just keyboard/mouse inputs would cease for say 15 seconds, then everything would return to normal. I launched Task Manager and observed that every one of these freezes, Agile1pAgent saw its CPU use spike to 25% or higher. This happens every few minutes - twice while I've been typing this message already!

I launched the actual app and I am at the latest version 1.0.9.341 - perhaps cleaning up #1 above will address this - any thoughts as to what is going on and how to fix it? Having my PC lock up every few minutes is quite annoying.

Thanks

PittCaleb

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    1. If you have all your Logins and other saved items showing correctly in the main 1Password program, you may need to clear Firefox's temporary copy of the data, as described in this article from the old (1.x) version of the user's guide:

https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/clearing-your-data-from-firefox

2. This may be 1Password checking for a new version. Do you see it at any other times?

On the Updates tab of 1Password preferences, try disabling the Automatically check and Include beta options, and let us know whether that helps.

You should definitely consider upgrading to 1Password 4 for Windows. There's so much to love that I wouldn't know where to start! You may even qualify for a free upgrade.

• PittCaleb
    PittCaleb
    Community Member

So interesting thing here - I did a "check for latest version" and it hadn't been telling me about one. Yet you told me to get V4, which I then saw on-line. How should one know there is a new version, especially one they were (I was) licensed for if the app doesn't tell you?

I installed the latest V4 and it's running now. I'll see if it hangs the system like the old one was. How can I update m browser plug-ins? I don't see a link to them on the website in the Windows section. I would have thought there would be one there.

PittCaleb

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PittCaleb,

To install the new extensions, launch the 1Password 4 program and click Preferences, then select Browsers. Click the "Install" button next to the browsers you want, then follow the steps on the site that opens.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We've only recently updated 1Password 1 for Windows to notify you of the availability of 1Password 4 for Windows.

Not everyone will make the move (people required to use Windows XP for work, for example) and we didn't want to seem too pushy about the upgrade. :)

This discussion has been closed.