UI Parity (Also known as "Where are my data fields?!")

For the love of everything sacred...

Please at least try to make 1P4fW match the interface design on other platforms.

The fact that there are no fields like on other platforms is both confusing, and difficult to manage. (Especially if you record a new login from a signup page that has the password in like five places when it posts.)

The Windows design where everything is managed as if it were form data is cumbersome and extremely confusing. Especially considering that there are issues like this:

When an entry is created on Mac and then edited on Windows, the "type" column for username and password is listed as "unknown". This means that if you edit the password field, you can't actually use the generate-password button until after you correct the type to "password". Even though the "Designation" column is set correctly.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I can't reproduce the problem you're describing, @signe.

Can you post a couple of screen shots—one of an item in 1Password 4 for Mac, and one of the same item in 1Password 4 for Windows—that illustrate the problem?

Be sure to obscure any personal information, of course!

• signe
    signe
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

Most of these are with new entries, but one is with (formerly) real information. (The password was out of date and has already been changed from these screenshots.)

Several attachments for this, hopefully the forum won't barf on it.

1 & 2 - The create and edit login dialogs on Mac are identical. With form details expanded, the generate password icon is visible in both places.

3 - Create Login on Windows is ok - you get login and password fields

4 - Edit login on Windows is not ok. There are no login or password fields. The only way to edit this information is directly in the form details. Also, because there is no password field, there is no 'generate password' icon anywhere. This can/is probably confusing for users, because it's not intuitive that you would have to edit the form entry to change the password.

5 - Editing (in Windows) an entry that was originally imported into 1P4 for Mac from another application (KeePass) - notice that "type" is "unknown" for both username and password. This entry, when edited on Mac has no form details at all.

6 - If you edit a password (designated as password, even) with a 'type=unknown', the generate password icon is disabled

7 - If you change the type to password, the generate icon works again. Why the HTML field type matters, when the internal designation is already set to password, baffles me.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@signe The "Generate" button should enable itself if Type or Designation is set to "password". Thank you for catching this bug. I have fixed this problem in 4.0.2.BETA-512

This discussion has been closed.