Chrome Plugin Not Responding

I am able to use the IE plugin without any issues, and my Chrome plugin does not give any errors when I install it. However, when I click the toolbar icon in Chrome, nothing happens - no menu appears.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @‌KramRM,

A problem like that can happen if some software on your PC is interfering with the communication between 1Password, the 1Password Helper, and the browser extensions. The most common culprits are antivirus and firewall applications or the use of a proxy server.

Can you please tell us which security software you're using and whether you're using a proxy server?

• KramRM
    KramRM
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

Windows 8.1,No proxy server, Sophos Endpoint.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@KramRM, try following the steps from our knowledgebase article here: Sophos Endpoint Antivirus

Does that help?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I've had that recently. I had to re-install the extension to resolve it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@RichardPayne, do you mean you had to re-install the extension after following the steps to configure Sophos?

• KramRM
    KramRM
    Community Member

I just changed the Sophos settings. After a full restart of Chrome (task bar icon, right click, close) to end all processes, the toolbar icon is now responding.

Thanks.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

No, I don't use Sophos. I've just seen the same symptoms now and then.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@KramRM, glad to hear that solved the problem! Thanks for letting us know.

@RichardPayne, out of curiosity, when you had a similar problem, did you try restarting the browser and/or Windows to see if it helped before reinstalling the extension?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Not recently. I normally have six thousand tabs open so restarting the browser becomes a right royal pain in the arse. Next time it happen I will try that.

• Chambyte
    Chambyte
    Community Member

Hello all, I'm currently experiencing the same problem. Currently using Kaspersky Internet Security version 14.0.0.4651(h).

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

@Chambyte, have you tried the steps described in the Kaspersky Internet Security article in the 1Password for Windows Knowledgebase?

• Chambyte
    Chambyte
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

Many thanks @DBrown. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That seemed to have go it working. Appreciate your help.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @Chambyte—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.