1Password for iOS 6 and iOS 7 [Available in Updates > Purchases for those who already purchased]

Options

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @user12312321‌

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here! At this time, 1Password 4 for iOS is not available in the App Store. I'll be sure to let our developers know that you would be interested in seeing it returned, unfortunately we don't have any plans to do so at this time.

• Compass1
    Compass1
    Community Member
    Options

Our company uses 1Password and requires all employees to install on their iphones. Clearly, there are many bugs still being worked out with ios8. We have several other apps that are not compatible with ios8 yet. I have new employees now who cannot utilize 1Password until they 1) receive their new iPhone 6 in November or 2) can upgrade to ios8 with out losing other functionality. I am baffled as to why you are not making the version compatible with ios7 available any longer. Some of our employees won't be able to use your product for months due to this fact. Many other developers are providing multiple versions of their apps.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Compass1‌

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts here, and I do apologize for the frustration you're feeling.

1Password 5 for iOS takes advantage of a number of awesome features that were added in iOS 8, including Touch ID and Extensions. As such, 1Password for iOS now requires iOS 8. I’m sorry to say that if you are not able to upgrade to iOS 8, you will not be able to install 1Password 5 for iOS.

For users who have previously purchased 1Password 4 for iOS, it will be available in the App Store in the Updates > Purchased section for any devices on iOS 6 or iOS 7. Unfortunately, because 1Password 5 for iOS was released as an update for 1Password 4 for iOS, 1Password 4 for iOS is no longer available in the App Store for new users.

That being said, I will pass your feedback along to our developers.

• jump89
    jump89
    Community Member
    Options

I'm going to throw in with requesting 1Password for IOS 7 be made available. I purchased the mac/windows bundle this morning with the full expectation that IOS 7 would be supported. IOS 8 is clearly not ready for prime time and I have numerous devices that will not even support IOS 8. I'll be going back to Keepass and managing myself if this can't be resolved. Please move this one up the chain. It's a good application that should be widely supported.

• ericvr
    ericvr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I wanted to install 1password on an older iPad and found this topic. I already have 1password installed on ios7 on my iPhone. When I go to the purchased section in the App Store on my iPad I can see 1password4 in the iPhone app section. When I click on download (the cloud icon), it takes me to the download section of 1password5 and gives me a message that I should update to ios8. Do you have any ideas on how to solve this?

And I'd also like to add to the request to have 1password4 available in the App Store for older versions of iOS. As many have stated as well, I was baffled to see that you guys so quickly removed support for older iOS version from the App Store. Although the new features sound amazing, you can't expect your customers to put down hundreds of euros for a new phone/iPad just because they did not have the older version of 1password installed on their iOS device yet.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Eric

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jump89,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your opinion here! I have passed your request along.

Hi Eric ( @ericvr ),

I'm sorry for the trouble here, that is a bit odd. You should be able to access 1Password 4 on your devices if you've already purchased it. Try this:

• Sync your iPhone to with iTunes
    • Copy the app from your iPhone to iTunes
    • Then plug in your iPad. You can use iTunes to install the app onto your iPad.

I got those instructions directly from one of our technical gurus, please let me know how this works for you!

• psherris
    psherris
    Community Member
    Options

I just bought 1password and now discover I have to upgrade to ios8. I do not wish to do so. Please make 1password 4.5.3 available to me. I bought your software specifically because it was compatible with ios7. This is a big customer service problem!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @psherris‌

Thanks so much for adding your thoughts here. I sincerely apologize for the trouble. Please see my answers above, unfortunately, I can't say more than I already have right now, but I am passing your feedback on to our team.

• macmedix
    macmedix
    Community Member
    Options

Please ask the AgileBits team to release a version of 1Password compatible with iOS 6 & iOS 7. Call it something clearly descriptive; maybe "1Password4-older version for iOS6&7" or something like that. Release it as a new app, charge a fair price and everybody is happy.

You don't even need to maintain it any more than you need to maintain 1Password4.5.3. If support is the issue, make a statement in the product description that tech support is not available for this older version, it is made available only for those people who have devices not compatible with the latest version of 1Password. If this new purchases of this older unsupported version of 1Password4 do not include an upgrade to 1P5, just clearly say so in the product description. Much better than making 1Password unavailable for purchase to most of the world that doesn't have iOS 8, and/or older devices.

This is an excellent and inclusive way to make 1Password4 available to everybody, including people with older iOS devices. If you think about it, this is a good way to attract new customers who will become upgraders to Pro version in the future.

• SallyShears
    SallyShears
    Community Member
    Options

I support @macmedix suggestion. As a wrote earlier, AgileBits is making a fantastic contribution to keeping the world safe. I think some kind of available option for new customers on iOS 7 would help fulfill this mission.

• jump89
    jump89
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Megan! Just tried to download 1Password on my IOS 7 iPhone and the app store gave me the option of downloading the previous version. We're set. Thanks to Agilebits and Apple for making a solution available.

• Dr_Wayne
    Dr_Wayne
    Community Member
    Options

I have been using 1password since 2007. I love it and do not know how to live without it. I am running iOS 6 on my devices and recently (september 4) upgraded my Mac from 1password 3 to 1password 4 -- I had a license recognition issue and Agile helped me resolve it.

I was happy with 1password 3 for my mac. problem now is, I upgraded Mac but not iphone and just went to wifi sync my phone. Didn't work. 1password4 says it will work with iOS4.3, but I can't get it without upgrading to iOS 8 -- which is not an option now.

Can I downgrade to Mac 1Password 3? or use dropbox to sync iOS 1password 3 with Mac 1password 4?

please help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dr_Wayne‌ ,

I'm sorry about the trouble here! Our developers made some pretty big changes to Wi-Fi sync between version 3 and version 4, so you will need 1Password 3 for Mac to keep 1Password 3 for iOS synced up. Unfortunately, Dropbox is no longer an option to sync 1Password 3 for iOS, since Dropbox has made some big changes to their API a year ago.

The good news though is that you can have both 1Password 3 for Mac and 1Password 4 for Mac installed on your system at the same time, so you can continue to use all of 1Password 4 for Mac's great new features and still keep your older iOS in sync. Here's what we'll do:

I wish I had a better answer for you here, but I do hope this helps!

• Luke Thompson
    Luke Thompson
    Community Member
    Options

Hello everyone!

If you wish to purchase 1Password to use on iOS 7 or lower, simply purchase the app within iTunes on your computer, then go to the App Store on your phone after purchasing it on the computer and it will allow you to download an old version!

Hope I have helped!

• Dr_Wayne
    Dr_Wayne
    Community Member
    Options

Luke -- doesn't work. only most recent available -- ios8 app

• Axel Grönvall
    Axel Grönvall
    Community Member
    Options

Try SecureSafe, same thing but works with iOS 7.

• SallyShears
    SallyShears
    Community Member
    Options

@Luke, I believe that works if you already have purchased 1Password v4 and want to downgrade. But, it doesn't work for new purchases.

AgileBits, you've done so much to help make the world safe, please bring back 1Password 4 so that iOS 7 users can purchase it. Pretty please...

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

@Luke Thompson‌,

If you wish to purchase 1Password to use on iOS 7 or lower, simply purchase the app within iTunes on your computer, then go to the App Store on your phone after purchasing it on the computer and it will allow you to download an old version!

How are you making an in-app purchase on the computer? 1Password 5 for iOS is free to download on the computer but as far as I'm aware, you can't use the iTunes app on the Mac or Windows to purchase an in-app purchase.

If you could, then that'd be good news.

@SallyShears,

We can't, Apple doesn't allow us to offer previous versions to new customers, only for current customers. They're very strict about this and we haven't been able to convince them otherwise.

Based on what's going on with Family Sharing and IAPs, we are looking for a better solution for the future.

• Dr_Wayne
    Dr_Wayne
    Community Member
    Options

But we are current customers Mike :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dr_Wayne,

I apologize for the confusion here. @MikeT was referring to new iOS customers. Owning or purchasing 1Password on Mac or Windows unfortunately doesn't change the situation with respect to the App Store.

We are listening to all of your feedback here, and as Mike said, we're looking into ways to make this better for everyone in the future. :)

• SallyShears
    SallyShears
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT so it's an Apple policy? To whom can we write at Apple about this? I know that want users to migrate to the newer versions, but seriously, this is about making the world safe for users. Thanks to you and @Megan for your replies here.

• SallyShears
    SallyShears
    Community Member
    Options

Oops… "I know that THEY want users to migrate…"

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @SallyShears,

Yes, their policy are guided toward pushing everybody to the latest iOS versions. One of the reasons is security, a lot of the security fixes and improvements are included in the major releases that will not show up on previous version. An example in this case is data encryption for more of your personal data on iOS 8 devices, so in fact, this is about making the iOS safer to use for their users. The unfortunate side effect is that not everybody can get the latest iOS version.

I know a lot of people said Apple don't listen to their feedback emails but they do, they just don't reply to every one of them. The best way to get Apple to be flexible about offering compatible versions to new customers (not just current ones) using older iOS versions is to send in the feedback at https://www.apple.com/feedback/.

• SallyShears
    SallyShears
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MikeT. So… In the name of "security" they block the sale of the best security product in the universe. Go figure. Will write to Apple, thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SallyShears‌

Best security product in the universe. I like that! Thanks for your kind words. :)

• Rocketweeman
    Rocketweeman
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hello, same problems here, have iphone 4 with a purchased 1password 3.4 pro version.. got everything on auto update but never got the chance to upgrade?! Now i must see that " i have missend the window " to buy!!! on version 4?! I am very disappointed what i have read on this topic here. It seems to me that the people, Megan tells us to submit our problems, do not give a f... I have no chance of getting my passwords out of the app because no syncronisation method worked with this version. I can and will not buy a new phone or Mac computer until my old one is payed yet, this thing is just three years old, and due to your customer policy not to use nomore.. This is how you treat your customers?! And now the great copy & paste text that 1password5 uses the advantages of... bla bla bla I can not upgrade to 1password5!!!!!!!!!!! This really makes me wanna scream, cause this programm is not a just a joke but works with users most sensitive data!!! and they are not supportet but left in the rain, all alone.. What a shame here!!! I am shure Steve would cry if he could see that much ignorance.. because as a company that works with sensitive user data it should be your highest priority to do anything you can to help your customers but instead YOUR CUSTOMERS have to write to Apple and i am done, waste of time.

• Rocketweeman
    Rocketweeman
    Community Member
    Options

sorry for my words but this is so rediculous!!!!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rocketweeman‌

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble here, and I do understand your frustration. It sounds to me like your current password database is only in 1Password 3 on your iOS device - is this correct?

If you do have a Mac as well, you do have options for getting your password database off of your iPhone. Could you please let me know the version numbers of both 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices? I would also appreciate it if you could confirm for me if your data is currently only on your iOS device, just so that I know we're giving you the best steps to get sorted out.

Again, you do have my apologies. I know this is a rough situation, but we'll do all that we can to help you get it straightened out!

• user12312321
    user12312321
    Community Member
    Options

@Luke Thompson‌ suggestion about purchase on iTunes then sync, then download via phone works. Silly workaround but works.

• aawevers
    aawevers
    Community Member
    Options

So no, i am not a long term 1Password customer - actually i am just testing out 1Password on my MBA. The good news is that I was almost ready to purchase the OSX version and move away from eWallet all together. Luckily for me I double checked tonight how the sync with iOS version worked before making the purchase. I was really surprised to find that 1Password does not support iOS7 and even more surprised to read the comments on why only iOS can be supported. Who in his right mind would purchase a new iPhone, just to be able to run 1Password?
    For me this means that I would be able to run 1Password on my OSX devices, my iPad but not on my travel companion which I use most: my iPhone4. That is not good news!
    Now I understand that Apple may be forcing you to only have the latest iOS8 version on the App Store - fair enough. But as the app for iOS8 is offered for free, what is keeping you from making the IPA file of the old version available to your (potential) customers so they can install it themselves via iTunes?
    I am still interested in moving form eWallet to 1Password across all my devices as I really like the app - but no, I will not buy a new iPhone just to be able to run the latest version of your iOS app.
    So I hope you will be able to find a creative way to help me (and all your long term customers) to move to / stay with 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.