Can't download browser extensions

When I attempt to download browser extensions from the Windows desktop app, it opens the browser to:

And then redirects to:

And all of my browsers give the same response:

This webpage is not available

So... how do I get the extensions if the URL doesn't work?

Comments

• LordGrim
    LordGrim
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

Okay, so I got the Chrome extension from the Chrome Web Store. However, now when I click on the extension icon I get this:

Which gives the same response.

This webpage is not available

Essentially, until I can access this localhost, I cannot use the application at all.

• gordonchil
    gordonchil
    Community Member

I have the same issue. The machine I'm on is pretty locked down. But the 1Password helper is running in the task bar. And there is a process "Agile1pAgent.exe" and it is listening on ports 6258 and 6263. But no others.

• Straxus
    Straxus
    Community Member

I'm running into the same issue, however with 1Password for Mac instead of Windows - I see the listener on the same two ports, but nothing on the system (as determined by sudo lsof -i) is listening on port 7000. Seems like this might be a cross-platform issue? I'm running 1P 4.4.1 (441008) and OS X 10.9.4. As a note, I was previously (a few months ago) able to install the Safari extension without issues, but today ran into this problem when trying to install in Chrome (I tested that URL in Safari also, and it also can't connect).

• NathanPayne
    NathanPayne
    Community Member

I too am having the same issue with a Mac running 10.9.4.

• Thanks for the reports, everyone! We're looking into this. Please let us know if things change and it works for you again.

• Straxus
    Straxus
    Community Member

Happy to capture certain logs/stats/debug info if it'll help - just tell me what you need. There was nothing obvious that I saw in the app logs.

I also had a random thought - the requested page (localhost:7000/onepassword/extensions) is being served via HTTPS. Is it possible that this is a certificate expiry issue which prevents whatever service is trying to listen on port 7000 from starting correctly?

• dav1d
    dav1d
    Community Member

Same problem here

• mcai8rw2
    mcai8rw2
    Community Member

I'm having this exact same issue, which i really annoying because i paid money for this software hoping it would be less buggy than chrome-and-lastpass.

Booo :(

• bjbk
    bjbk
    Community Member

Same problem here for me.

• stausche
    stausche
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

yesterday i had the same problem with chrome and firefox on notebook1 (kaspersky internet security) . I tested on an another notebook2 with Microsoft Security Essentials, anything works fine. Now i've the problem, i push the 1P extension button open a new tab with: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    Is it possible, that kaspersky internet security 14.0.0.4651 (h) is the problem?

• bjbk
    bjbk
    Community Member

I've actually just had the same experience as stausche - I uninstalled the version I had, and reinstalled from the agilebit website - and now it loads "welcome.html", then redirects to "/extensions".

• Straxus
    Straxus
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

Well this is very interesting - the "Add Chrome Extension" button is now working for me this morning. As a note, yesterday I had tried going directly to https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html as part of troubleshooting and it redirected me to localhost:7000 - did some dev/debug code get rolled out to the extensions page yesterday by accident which caused this redirect? :)

• gordonchil
    gordonchil
    Community Member

Works for me now. I was able to install on Chrome. To install on Firefox I had to click the link to install the plugin from an alternate location (Amazon EC2). Good work AgileBits!!

• Sorry for the trouble, everyone. Things should be working correctly now. As you can see, the website is being redone, but keeping parts of the old site has caused some interesting issues.

Thanks for your patience as we worked through this!

• Clevereye
    Clevereye
    Community Member

I'm running 1Password version 4.0.1.503 and I have issues while downloading the extension either from the Chrome Web Store (I'm getting the following message: "NETWORK_FAILED") or from https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions (I'm getting the following message: There was an error installing the Chrome extension. Please try again or contact us for assistance.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

First I think you need to update 1Password to the latest version, which is 4.1.0.526. I don't think that's enough to solve your issue, but you should always run the latest version.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That link (https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions) is working for me, @Clevereye‌, but the recommended place to go for 1Password extensions is the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences, especially so that you always get an extension that's compatible with the version of 1Password you have installed.

After you've updated to the latest stable or beta build, please try again to install the extensions as recommended, and let us know how it goes.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Clevereye‌ Are you in China maybe? It seems the Great Firewall of China is blocking the Chrome Web Store (CWS). Our extension is hosted in the CWS (otherwise, Chrome 33 wouldn't install it).

This discussion has been closed.