Nothing happens when clicking on 1Password-Button in Chrome

Extension "1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet Version 4.2.4.90" installed in Chrome Version 37.0.2062.120 m (64-bit).

When clicking on 1Password-Button nothing happens - no menu pops up.

But +\ works and pops up menu.

(Kaspersky Internet Security Version 15.0.0.463(a) installed on Desktop PC.)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Have you tried the steps recommended in the Kaspersky Internet Security article in the 1Password for Windows Knowledgebase?

• winaje
    winaje
    Community Member

Whilst I hate "me too" replies to forum posts... Me too! Extension "1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet Version 4.2.4.90" installed in Chrome Version 37.0.2062.120 m using MSE, have disabled Admuncher, no result. Button just "clicks" with no menu, but CTRL + \ works and produces menu from the task bar. Have removed and reinstalled plugin, completely closed Chrome, rebooted etc.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@winaje‌ please follow these steps.

• winaje
    winaje
    Community Member

Thanks svondutch this worked. How does this effect security, and how long should this setting remain in place?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

How does this effect security

In theory, it allows malware to talk to the 1Password helper.

and how long should this setting remain in place?

As long as Kaspersky keeps blocking us (keeps preventing us from validating the web browser code signature).

• winaje
    winaje
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I wonder how Kaspersky is blocking the verification if it is not and never has been installed on this machine? Using Microsoft Security Essentials.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I suppose some other anti-malware program might block 1Password's code signature verification, too.

Are you using any such software or browser plug-in, @winaje?

• albertoes
    albertoes
    Community Member

same here, using chrome 39.0.2171.99 and antivirus avast 4.2.71.2

when clicking the extenssion, nothing happenxs

when clicking ctrl + / it opens the 1password windows WITHOUT asking me for the password, this means that anybody can go to my password details

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@albertoes‌ Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature --> OFF

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@albertoes et al: The 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase includes a lot of very useful information, including the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions article that addresses this problem. Along with the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide, accessible from the Help menu, it's a great place to look for answers to your questions.

This discussion has been closed.