1Password and icloud

I use 1Password for Windows 4.02 Beta 511 and IOS8 with 1Password and Windows 7 with iCloud 4.0 Beta.
I would like ti use for sync the icloud in the above configuration. What must I do to se it. In detail what dataset in windows must I put in the cl,oud? Or better, will 1Password support in wows the cloud as it is supported in IOS?
Thanks
Wolfram

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

You can't. Apple does not allow download to the Windows client from iCloud.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Are you saying that you use iCloud Drive beta for Windows?

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/02/window-appleseed-icloud-beta/

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @woever‌

With version 5 of 1Password for iOS released we switched from the older iCloud Document syncing feature to a new solution from Apple called CloudKit. CloudKit gives us a great deal more control over how sync occurs. It'll be exclusive to Macs and iOS devices.

So, that means CloudKit is an Apple only sync solution at this time and Windows cannot sync with it I'm afraid. To sync a Windows device with an iOS device you'll still need to use either Dropbox or Wifi.

More details about iCloud sync can be found in our FAQ about it here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/cloudkit-faq

Most of it is Mac and iOS related though but there's one tidbit about Windows, which I more or less mentioned above.

Please let me know if I can help at all or answer any other questions you might have.

• woever
    woever
    Community Member

Thank you for your infos. I decided to use dropbox now and it woerks fine.

• woever
    woever
    Community Member

@AGKyle‌ I think what you wrote for IOS and Mac ist the iCloud-drive and it works also with Windows in the Version 4 (as beta now).

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@woever 1Password 4 for Windows and 1Password 4 for iOS/Mac might sync together but this will not be the case with 1Password 5 for iOS (or Mac) and 1Password 4 for Windows. The above will certainly hold true in the FAQ i linked to.

Sorry for the delay in responding here though, the forum isn't my typical location here so I neglected to check ... my fault :(

This discussion has been closed.