Unable to restore purchase to access Pro features

Options
Tonipepperoni77
Tonipepperoni77
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I cannot restore my purchase on the new app is just hangs and never restores my features since i had purchased 1password 4 before

Comments

• pierino84
    pierino84
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me! When I press restore purchases it hangs. I tried reinstalling from the app store cloud, as suggested in another thread, but it didn't solve the issue.

• kirkmc
    kirkmc
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. On my iPhone, the pro features were enabled. On my iPad, I try Restore Purchases, and it just hangs.

• kirkmc
    kirkmc
    Community Member
    Options

I can't restore purchases on my iPod touch either. Only on my iPhone does it work, and I didn't need to do anything.

• ezeqpo
    ezeqpo
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me on my iPhone.

• swift
    swift
    Community Member
    Options

Not getting my Pro features restored on my iPhone 5 either.

• Koskor
    Koskor
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

We've recently posted a handy Announcement at the top of this forum: 1Password 5 for iOS Pro features not immediately unlocked after upgrading.

Please follow the steps there. If you are still having difficulties, please let me know and we'll investigate further! :)

• Chuck Larcom
    Chuck Larcom
    Community Member
    Options

No e of the suggested fixes work for me. I cannot even get 1P 5 to download through App Store on Phone or through iTunes. I get a do loop dialog box asking if I want to download free app with two buttons - one says download, the other says cancel. Selecti g download repeatedly does nothing. I had 1P 4.5 installed on my phone.

• kirkmc
    kirkmc
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still having difficulties. I just loaded 1Password on an iPhone 6 so, it's a new installation - and Restore Purchases goes nowhere...

This has been a disaster. Only one of my devices finds that I was a previous owner of 1Password, but the bigger problem is that they all keep telling me that they're not syncing, and I have to merge my vault with the one stored on Dropbox. Please help get this fixed.

• Dragon
    Dragon
    Community Member
    Options

Just got my new 6+ today, and even after redownloading app from app store rather than iTunes install, it will not recognise that I had 1P4, and thus not giving me pro features. I was afraid that might indeed be a problem..

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Chuck,

I'm so sorry that you've been having trouble installing 1Password 5 for iOS on your iPhone. This particular thread though is dealing with the Pro features, so it's not surprising that the fixes listed don't work for the issue that you are seeing. I'm currently talking to our developers to see if we can shed some light on the installation bug, and as soon as we know something, we'll post in the 1Password 4 User - Can't Install 1Password 5 thread.

Thanks so much for your patience!

• ptkdude
    ptkdude
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. I paid $18 for the application, and "restore purchases" does nothing.

• heinst
    heinst
    Community Member
    Options

Did you update 1Password from iTunes or on your device? Tried Both, same issue both places.
    Are you using the same Apple ID in the store as the one you used to purchase 1Password 4? Yes
    Have you turned on Family Sharing? Yes, turning it off doesnt help either and also neither does restoring your device and trying or deleting the app and trying that way. Literally tried everything.

This problem is so frustrating!

• Bonito
    Bonito
    Community Member
    Options

Same Problem here. It's greyed out after the click, but nothing happens

• KishorK
    KishorK
    Community Member
    Options

@Mitch, Do you think Restore as new device will solve the issue?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hi @ptkdude‌, @Dragon, @Bonito and @KishorK‌

Please see the suggestions in the link in post #8. :)
  • cwisniewski
    cwisniewski
    Community Member
    Options

Megan's helpful response (see post #8, which points to https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/28702/1password-5-for-ios-pro-features-not-immediately-unlocked-after-upgrading#latest) worked perfectly for me! Even acknowledging this little hiccup, I'd like to pass on my sincerest thanks to everyone at Agilebits for an awesome release. You guys rock!

• Why2Wow
    Why2Wow
    Community Member
    Options

I've deleted and reinstalled 1Password twice now from my new iPhone 6 and the "Restore purchases" link has failed both times. After tapping it, it turns grey, then it changes to "Restoring Purchases..." in blue, but nothing seems to happen. When I tap the blue "Restoring Purchases..."link it just turns grey. I'm sure the AgileBits team will get it sorted out, but it is a bit frustrating.

• Why2Wow
    Why2Wow
    Community Member
    Options

More details... After changing things to ensure that my iPhone 6, iPad Air, and Mac were all logged in to iCloud using my @icloud.com account (one was on my @me.com account while the other two were on my icloud.com account. I thought these were aliases for the same account, but maybe not...)

Now, 1Password 5.0.1 is working perfectly on my iPad Air and I can see all my passwords in the Pro categories - and there's a "Thank you..." message with a nice green "Purchased" when I tap Settings > Pro Features. On my iPhone 6, which is now definitely synced to the same vault on iCloud, when I tap Settings > Pro Features, and then "Restore purchases", I get the message, "Unable to Restore Purchase. To restore a purchase for this app, you must be signed in with the same Apple ID that was used to purchase this app." Strange that the update worked fine, and the Pro Features appeared automatically on my iPad, but not my new iPhone 6. :-(

• Riky
    Riky
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

A mi si me aparecen las categorias (Purchased) habilitadas.

-Primero actualice de 1Password 4.5.3 a 1Password 5.0.1 en el iphone y no funciono (Restore purchases) X(

-La segunda vez actualice 1Password 4.5.3 a 5.0.1 directamente de iTunes en PC y MAC y no funciono X(

-La tercera desistale 1Password 4.5.3 y despues instale directamente 1Password 5.0.1 de AppStore del iPhone (App dentro de su dispositivo) y si me funciono ya aparecen todas las categorias :))

Ahora lo que me falta es poder sincronizar mis antiguas contraseñas guardadas en dropbox y icloud. Siempre sale la pantalla de que faltan datos o que si existe la carpeta pero se perdieron datos y antes en la version 4.5.3 funcionaba muy bien la sincronizacion, la verdad no se que hacer ya intente lo que dicen los administradores de agilebits y nada. (Ya no confio en datos en nube para otra ocacion voy a hacer Manual Save Dates directamente a mi PC y nada de cosas virtuales) X(

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @Why2Wow‌

Please note that the iCloud ID used for syncing and the Apple ID used to purchases may be separate. The latter is the important one in this case. You can read more about this here:

@Riky‌

Please shoot us an email at support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/28676/unable-to-restore-purchase-to-access-pro-features#latest ) and include your forum username. If you're able to email us in English that would be ideal but if not we'll translate the best we can.

Thanks!

• arfer
    arfer
    Community Member
    Options

Megan keeps referring us back to the solution she proffers in #8 despite the examples in this thread of where that solution simply is not working.
    I have reinstalled from the app store multiple times.
    I purchased the program directly off your website last week using my Windows PC... the Pro features are fully unlocked on the windows PC....the download link you sent me referred me directly to the App store to obtain the iOS download. I am unable to unlock the Pro on that.
    What else can we try please?

• bdekok
    bdekok
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem after I restored my old iPhone 5 backup to the new 6+. I tried Megan's solution and it worked without issue. I had all my key data backed up on Dropbox to sync with other devices and then deleted 1Password from the iPhone, then went into the App store and re-downloaded it. After syncing with the dropbox data it tells me that my purchase was restored and I'm awesome LOL.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

It did work for me. All I had to do is delete the app and reinstall right after. Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arfer,

I apologize for the confusion here. 1Password is a separate purchase for each platform. If you've purchased a Windows license, you're entitled to install 1Password 4 for Windows on as many Windows machines as you personally use, but this purchase does not include the iOS Pro features.

If the basic features available on the free version of 1Password 5 for iOS are not quite powerful enough for you, you can snag the Pro features via the In-App Purchase.

I hope this helps. :)

Hi @bdekok‌ and Josenei Alves,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad to hear my steps worked for you.

I hope 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but we're here to help if you have any other questions or concerns.

• godwin
    godwin
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. Pro purchased on iPhone.. But doesn't show on iPad. I have installed and re-installed the app and clicking restore purchases just goes to 'restoring purchases...' But goes nowhere from there.
    I have double checked my iCloud account ID as well as app purchase id(both are same). Not sure what else I should do.

• godwin
    godwin
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind. Figured out the issue.
    I have 2 Apple IDs I purchase with. The mistake was that I was downloading the app with one ID and then going to settings and logging in with the second id to restore purchase.
    For anyone stuck with this issue, make sure to switch to the id originally used to purchase the app before the download from App Store. The purchase should then sync.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @godwin. That is a very common cause of this problem.

• oki
    oki
    Community Member
    Options

Exactly the same problem here with the difference that I ended up paying 9.99 USD to restore the pro features on iPhone 6 plus while it is perfectly operational on iPhone 5s and iPad Mini 2. Apple Store customer service is claiming that I never purchased the add on for pro features and refusing to issue a credit, redirecting to AgileBits. Please, see detailed discussion:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30776/pro-version-on-iphone-6-plus#latest

I need instructions on how to get a credit from Apple.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oki, I see that you're already receiving help for this question - we'll keep the conversation going in the other thread, just so we don't duplicate efforts or cause confusion between here and there. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.