Finding unused passwords

Options

I currently have hundreds of passwords in my database, and I would like to do some cleaning out. There are actually many passwords that I have not used for over a year, so I was wondering whether there is an easy way to see the last time a password was used, or how many times each password was used?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Go to the main 1P4 app, click on the dropdown arrow at the left end of the search box and choose Recently Used Items. You can then change the parameters as appropriate.

Stephen

• Hi @astrofrog,

Before you do this, make sure you back up your 1Password data. To do this, open 1Password, and go to the File Menu > Backup...

In addition to what Stephen_C suggested, you can also use the Security Audit on the sidebar, it'll have options to show you items based on the age of the password.

We also have a tool to let you remove any redundant Passwords items that is already stored as Logins with the same website and password values. To clean this up, right-click on the Passwords category on the sidebar to select Remove Redundant.

I hope these will help.

This discussion has been closed.