Confused about iCloud vs. iCloud drive [Explanation in post #10]

Options
2»

Comments

• Roaming_Bob
    Roaming_Bob
    Community Member
    Options

Referring to my comment/question of 9/19 - I had already undertaken testing the syncing of 1Pass V4 on my iOS8 device through "traditional" iCloud (i.e. iCloud Drive not activated), despite not having upgraded my other devices to iOS8, as well as the 1Pass V4 on my MacBook (Mavericks). The result is that all the syncing is working properly for the 1PassV4 whether from the Mavericks instance or the iOS8 instance. So Megan - your remark that such syncing "might" work can be amended to say it does work.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Roaming_Bob‌

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all synced up - that's awesome to hear! :) I hope 1Password continues to behave nicely for you, but you know where to find us if you hit any further snags. :)

• thermidor
    thermidor
    Community Member
    Options

Really unimpressed with this. My iCloud sync seems to continue to work between Mavericks and iOS 8, but my girlfriend's is FUBAR. Sometimes 1Password in iOS seems to be looking for iCloud data, sometimes for iCloud Drive data, but either way, the iCloud data on the Macbook is different from the iCloud data on the iOS devices, regardless of me having gone through all the troubleshooting steps on the Agilebits site and elsewhere.

The bottom line is that it seems (from what I've read) that for many users, data that used to sync between iOS and Mavericks no longer syncs. I've moved to Dropbox, which to my mind is an inherently less reliable solution. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth that you would upgrade the mobile client and risk breaking the syncing with the desktop client. This product isn't cheap!

• Ben
    Options

@thermidor‌

I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated with the situation. We are too! Unfortunately it is a bit of a catch 22 situation from a development perspective.

It is true that 1Password 5 for iOS (the version for iOS 8) cannot sync with 1Password on Mac. If iCloud syncing between Mac and iOS is important we currently recommend sticking with iOS 7 (1Password 4 for iOS) and Mavericks. If this is not an option, then switching to Dropbox syncing, or WiFi syncing, is the best solution.

Personally I use Dropbox as does most of the AgileBits team, for what it is worth.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.