"1Password will no longer sync because it cannot read the sync file." [Fix steps in post #23]

Options
13»

Comments

• kbrogz
    kbrogz
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan @bwoodruff:

I've also been having the same overarching sync issue discussed on this thread, and I'm about to go through the process you've mapped out in post #23. Before I do though, I want to let you know that it sounds like I've had a slightly different problem that I think @mortify is also having (first mentioned in post #34). It's not clear if @mortify has multiple vaults like me though, so I wanted to describe my situation in case no one else with multiple vaults has reported it thus far.

In my case, I have two vaults. I do not share my primary vault with anyone else, and my second vault is shared (not sure if it makes any difference whether one's shared and one isn't, so I figured I'd mention it here). A few minutes ago I was able to go through re-setting up Dropbox to sync to my primary vault without any issues, BUT when I then went to do the same for my second vault a minute later, I got an error message and the program beach balled. Here's how it happened once I successfully relinked my primary vault:

Settings > Vaults, I select "Add Vault" > Choose a syncing method, I select "Sync with Dropbox" (only other option displayed is Create Demo Vault) > I see my Dropbox account (i.e. my name and the size of my Dropbox account), I select this account > Choose a vault displays my 2 vaults (with the primary one I just set up now greyed out, and my second vault shown in black text as an option to select), I select the second vault > I see the message "Please wait, downloading encryption keys..." for a second, and then this error box pops up: "The operation couldn't be completed. (dropbox.com error 404.) 1Password encountered a problem." I click "Dismiss" > I see the same "Please wait, downloading encryption keys..." screen, and it just beach balls forever until I click the "Cancel" button > I am then returned to the previous screen where my two vaults are displayed. If I re-click my second vault, the same loop happens again.

I'll submit a Diagnostics Report for this right now before I try the post #23 troubleshooting suggestion, hopefully it's helpful in some way for your team. Thanks, and best of luck resolving iOS 8 issues in the coming days!

Kat

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Kat ( @kbrogz ),

Thanks so much for providing such a detailed outline of your steps. Again, you have my apologies for this trouble - I've had to reset sync on my device as well, so I know how annoying it is.

From the description you've provided, I think that post #23 should get things sorted out for you as well. In particular, try the final bit that describes how to turn off background app refresh. Since I've done that, Dropbox has behaved quite nicely for me. Our developers are working furiously to squash these bugs, and we hope to have an update available for you all soon that has this properly resolved.

Thanks for your patience and kind words! :)

• BrentOzar
    BrentOzar
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem on 1Password 5.1 (501017), iOS 8.1 (12B407). Happened on iOS 8.0 and 8.0.2 as well. I have multiple vaults, but even with just one vault set up, I'm seeing the problem. Sent the diagnostic logs this morning.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BrentOzar,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: WEX-63937-766

This discussion has been closed.