Changing and Saving wallet items\Templates

reck
reck
Community Member
edited September 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

The Bank account form is based for US banks and i'd like to create a UK one. I know I can add custom fields, is it possible to remove fields I don't need as well? Once i've modified the form how I like is there a way to save this for use later on from the interface?

What i'm currently doing is saving them as empty forms but this more of a workround than anything as the templates just get mixed up with the real forms. Ideally these woud be seperate and accessible from the new item menu.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

No, it's not possible. A template system is something I requested during the beta period. It is on their Requested Features list but I didn't get the impression that it was a high priority.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

is it possible to remove fields I don't need as well

Yes. There's a "Delete" button for this.

Once i've modified the form how I like is there a way to save this for use later on from the interface

After you have saved your bank account item, you can duplicate it (Ctrl+D) and use it as a template for new items.

Ideally these woud be seperate and accessible from the new item menu.

This is on my list of things to do. Thanks!

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

I saw the delete button but assumed it was for fields I added, not the built in ones. I'm starting to see how powerful this software is now :)

Svondutch I knew I could save it as a blank item and then duplicate it. It's just that there's currently no difference between a template and a standard wallet item and they all get saved in the same place. It would be nice if you had the option to save a form as a template and then it wouldn't get added to the list with all the normal wallet items, instead it would be an option from the interface for when you want to create new items from it.

I think this would be the final step in a nearly perfect system.

I've got to say coming from Roboform i'm very impressed by the support side of things over here. As a new user i've posted two or three questions here that have all been answered in the last day.

After using the trial for a couple of days and getting answers to my queries i'm almost ready to make the switch. I'm not looking forward to recreating all my logins and safenotes though. As far as I can tell there's no way to export\import from Roboform so it looks like i'm in for a tedious job :(

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

You could create a folder called Templates, or My Templates, or ~Templates (to get it to stay at the top of the folder list) and save all your "template" items there.

Depending on which version of RoboForm you're using, you may be able to import your Passcards. Please see the 1Password for Windows user's guide for detailed instructions.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Good idea. L-) Thanks

• jeffbob_pdx
    jeffbob_pdx
    Community Member

The ~Templates idea is something I've used in other programs. Get the 'card' set up the way you want, save it as Bank Account Template in the template folder (or give it a Template tag), and then just Ctrl-D to duplicate and rename.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

++

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

@reck, let us know how the Roboform passcards import goes for you!

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

@DBrown‌ Painfull, just very, very painful. I'm really annoyed with the Roboform guys as they allow you to export logins but i'm not getting the correct url of the site. It appears as though they no longer allow us to have this information in an exported file.

I'm having to create each login in 1Password one at a time and after many years using Roboform I have quite a collection. I thought i'd have more luck with the safe notes as the format is a lot simpler, no urls for starters, but they didn't export\import into 1Password properly. I'm not sure if this is something you can fix your end or not.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If you have access to the older version of Roboform (as mentioned in the user's guide), you can get their "print to HTML" function to include the URLs.

If you do have to recreate them in 1Password, though, may I offer an alternative to a single massive session? Just visit web sites as you need to. At each one, log in (reminding yourself, when necessary, by checking Roboform for your Login credentials), and let 1Password automatically save the new Login item for you.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

I spent a long time creating new logins so I have a lot of them moved over now. The FF plugin is slowing things down a bit as it seems unreliable (see https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/29192/whats-up-with-the-firefox-plugin?new=1) but i've most of them moved over now.

The ones I have left over now i'll do as you suggest and add them as needed. RF can fill in the logins and then I can save them with 1P.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Great! Let us know if you encounter any specific problems.

This discussion has been closed.