Language

Good day of life.I don bought 1Password 4, please tell me why in the settings there is no language settings?????????interested in the Russian language where you can customize?????

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

1Password for Windows has not been internationalized, so there are no localized versions available; thus there are no language-related settings.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will work to improve in this respect as quickly as resources allow, although I've heard no definite plans for that work to be done in any particular update.

• Stiger
    Stiger
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

Thanks,but why my PAL program in the Russian language???

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

What is a PAL program?

• Stiger
    Stiger
    Community Member

From a friend in the Russian language program I don't have!!!

• Stiger
    Stiger
    Community Member

Why You have not intended to change the language, not all have the opportunity to use your language one!!!

• Stiger
    Stiger
    Community Member

it is a pity that there is no possibility.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I'm sure they intend to internationalise it but it's usually the last thing a developer does, whether they're native English speakers or not. They have crowdin project for Android and Mac OSX. @svondutch, @DBrown any plans for a Windows project?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm sure there will be, @RichardPayne, as you suggest, but I've heard no specific plans, at this time.

• ArmandL
    ArmandL
    Community Member

It'ss even worse than what English developers can guess. Some accented data entered on the iPad or iPhone version are screwed up when accessed on the PC "not internalionalized" version for example (if this forum handles the accents better than 11Password for Windows) "à" because "À" or something else depending on the context
    DON'T BUY 1PASSWORD FOR WINDOWS IF YOU NEED ACCENTS of anything international boys!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

That's actually not internalisation, although I see why you'd think of it as that.
    Internationalisation refers to the translation of a program's UI. What you're referring to is incorrect handling of text data. No modern program should be handling international characters incorrectly, regardless of whether their interface has been translated or not.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@ArmandL‌ When and where are you seeing this? Sounds like a bug with character encoding. I would love to reproduce and fix this bug. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.